This easy lemon cookie recipe is quick, easy to make, and so delicious! Refreshing, soft, and fluffy- the perfect lemon cookie!
Want the best easy lemon cookie recipe? Sweet and lemony, dusted in powdered sugar, and beautifully soft- then you are in the right place.
Perfect to give you all those wonderful Spring feelings all in a lemon crinkle cookie form!
Ever wonder what to do with lots of lemons?
Recently I’ve shared a few other cookies from cake mix recipes (Carrot Cake Cookies, Red Velvet Cookies, Soft Gingerbread Cookies) and I just couldn’t help myself- I had to share my absolute favorite cake mix cookie.
Hope you love them as much as I do!
How to make lemon cookies:
- Melt your butter
- Add butter, cake mix, eggs, zest, and lemon juice in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Roll each cookie in powdered sugar then place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
How to store lemon cookies:
Store cookies in an airtight container. They will last for week if so!
Are these meyer lemon crinkle cookies?
They are if you use meyer lemons for the zest and juice. That simple!
Do I have to roll them in powdered sugar?
Powdered sugar gives the cookie a nice crinkle cookie effect. However, it isn’t necessary for a delicious cookie and you can even whip up some lemon frosting (make some vanilla buttercream and add lemon extract to it) for an over the top lemon cookie!
Any way you make these lemon cookies will be great!
Originally, I tried making these cookies in the 3-2-1 lemon cookie way- where you combine 3 eggs, 2 packages cake mix, whipped topping, and 1 cup of powdered sugar. And that resulted in very flat cookies.
So, I figured I’d remove the whipped topping and tweak a few more things with the recipe- and you know what?
I love my version even more!
These cookies have just the right amount of lemony flavor, are so easy to make, and really are so delicious!
Let me know how you like these super easy lemon cookies and if you want to see more cookies like this!
For more tasty recipes check out:
- Oreo Bars
- German Chocolate Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- Best Chocolate Cake
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Lemon Bars
- S’mores Brownies
Watch how to make this recipe!
Easy Lemon Cookie Recipe
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter melted or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the lemon cake mix, eggs, melted butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice. (1 box lemon cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup melted butter, zest from one lemon, juice from one lemon)
- Scoop out dough into balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9* minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Post updated on 8/21/2020