This Easy Chocolate Truffles Recipe is delicious, simple, and easy to make! So much chocolatey goodness and can be customized for every holiday or celebration!
I recently shared my over the top and delicious truffle cake and I had to shared this delicious and easy truffle recipe too!
My truffle cake actually uses this recipe as it’s frosting/ganache- it’s that good!
For more delicious treats check out:
These truffles are so easy to make and I love whipping up a batch around any and every holiday, rolling them in fun sprinkles and letting my friends and family enjoy!
How to make the easy chocolate truffles recipe:
- Bring heavy cream to a simmer
- Once simmering stir in chocolate, butter, and salt
- Once everything is melted and smooth remove from heat and stir in the vanilla
- Pour in to a small dish and allow to cool.
- Scoop and roll into balls, roll in sprinkles and enjoy!
These no bake truffles really are a simple and delicious treat. They are rich, creamy, and everything a chocolate lover wants.
For Valentine’s Day I like to roll these in pink, red, and white sanding sugars or sprinkles! They are fun to give as gifts along with my easy Valentines Cookies!
For Easter I love to use pastel-colored sprinkles to make the easiest chocolate easter truffles! They pair well with my easy chocolate peanut butter balls!
For Christmas I love rolling these in red, silver, and gold sprinkles and sanding sugars!
Tips for the best chocolate truffles:
- Use the semi sweet baking bars for the best flavor, however chocolate chips will work if that’s all you have
- Rolling the truffles into perfect balls can get messy fast. I like to scoop out the truffles but only slightly form them into balls, place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet then stick them into the refrigerator to reharden. Then once they’ve set up again, I do a final roll for a perfect sphere.
- Wipe your hands in between rolling every 2-3 truffles. This will help keep the mess down and they will roll into spheres easier.
- Refrigerate leftover truffles for up to a week.
- These taste best when at room temperature- so take them out of the fridge 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Use different colored sprinkles for different holidays! Or you can dust in cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or leave them plain- every way is delicious!
- I recommend using nonpareils or sanding sugar to give these truffles a holiday spin. Smaller sprinkles tend to stick better.
One of my favorite ways to make these is rolled in silver and gold sprinkles for New Year’s! So fun and so easy!
For more easy treats check out:
Watch how to make this recipe!
Easy Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate broken into pieces or 1 ¼ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbs butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkles of choice
- In a medium saucepan heat heavy cream until simmering. Then stir in chocolate, butter, and salt. Stir over medium heat until melted and smooth. (⅔ cups heavy cream, 8 oz semisweet chocolate, 1 tbs butter, pinch of salt)
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. (1 teaspoon vanilla)
- Pour truffle mixture into a bowl or shallow dish. * Refrigerate until set: 10-20 minutes.
- Scoop out a spoon full of the truffle mixture and roll into a ball. This part can get really messy because the chocolate likes to melts. I like to scoop out the truffles but only slightly form them into balls, place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet then stick them into the refrigerator to reharden. *
- Once they’ve set up again roll the chocolate into perfect round truffles. Then roll each truffle in any sprinkles you want! You can also dust with cocoa powder or powdered sugar.
- *If you pour the truffle mixture into a large shallow dish is will cool faster but it really isn’t a big deal.
- * The trick to getting perfect round truffles is to roll them when they are cold- which means keep the mixture cold.
- I also like to wash or wipe my hands off between every 2 or 3 truffles that I roll- it seems to help with rolling.