Homemade Ocean Spray Cranberry Relish is easy to make and extra tasty! This Cranberry relish recipe is my go-to for the holidays!
Fresh Cranberry Relish is one of my favorite holiday side dishes. It is sweet and tart and delicious!
This is one of the first recipes my mom taught me to make growing up. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas she would make this and I never knew any other cranberry dish until I was grown up.
We never had cranberry sauce (fresh or from the can), but always had this cranberry relish- and it is my favorite!
For more tasty side dishes don’t miss:
- Easy Deviled Eggs (another recipe from my mom!)
- No Knead Bread
- Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Holiday Bruschetta
I especially love this cranberry relish with leftovers. It really pulls everything together- whether it’s a leftover turkey sandwich or a tasty leftover turkey taco!
How to make ocean spray cranberry relish:
- In a food processor combine cranberries, sugar, and clementines
- Process until well combined but still chunky
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes
Do I leave the peel on the clementines?
Yes! I promise it tastes delicious!
Do I need to use clementines? Can I use an orange or mandarins?
This recipe calls for 3 clementines, but you can swap that out for 3 mandarins (with the peels), or 1 orange (with the peel). Just remember to remove any seeds!
How to serve fresh cranberry relish?
I typically serve this relish in a bowl and just add it to my plate to eat along with turkey, stuffing, and other Thanksgiving dishes. However, it also makes a delicious paring with cream cheese as an appetizer.
Fresh or Frozen Cranberries for this cranberry relish recipe?
You can use either. I always buy extra cranberries when they are abundant in the stores and freeze them to use throughout the year- so I typically just use frozen. Fresh cranberries work just as well though!
What if I don’t have a food processor?
If you don’t have a food processor you can try making this in a high-powered blender.
Can I use less sugar?
You can cut back on the sugar. I’d use at least ¼ cup, taste the relish and then increase from there.
For more tasty dishes check out:
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Homemade Peppermint Bark
- Sugared Cranberries
- Easy Holiday Cake
- Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Ocean Spray Cranberry Relish
- 1 package of cranberries 12 oz, frozen or fresh
- 3 clementines peel left on (or 3 mandarins, or 1 orange)
- ¾ cup sugar
- Check the cranberries and remove any bad ones.
- Cut your clementines into fourths.
- Add the cranberries, clementines (with peel), and sugar to a food processor.
- Pulse several times until you have a chunky relish. For a smoother relish blend longer.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow everything to come together then enjoy!
- If you want to use less sugar, start with ¼ cup, mix everything, taste and then add more sugar if you want.
- You can use fresh or frozen cranberries.
- If you don’t have a food processor you can try making this in a high-powered blender but make sure you don’t turn it into a smoothie!
- Check your clementines, mandarins, or Orange for seeds and remove them.
Post updated 12/20/21
Does this freeze well?
It should freeze fine if you store it in an air tight container!