Bisquick Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe, an easy and delicious blueberry coffee cake that is perfect year-round! Topped with lots of crumb topping and a yummy glaze- you can’t go wrong!
When I was growing up I thought coffee cake would taste like coffee- bitter! I’m mean I enjoy a good cup of coffee now and then, but I still wouldn’t want a cake to taste purely like it!
Needless to say I sure am glad I was wrong!
This is hands down one of the best coffee cake recipes ever! Simple to make and so delicious!
How to make bisquick coffee cake:
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the cake except the blueberries
- Gently fold in the blueberries
- Pour into prepared baking dish
- Combine all the ingredients for the crumb topping/streusel
- Pour topping evenly over batter
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Combine ingredients for the glaze
- Top coffee cake with glaze once it’s done baking
How do you make coffee cake with Bisquick?
Bisquick makes baking so easy and it always turns out delicious. I use the bisquick mixture in this recipe as a replacement for the flour, baking soda, and salt that would otherwise make up a coffee cake.
Why is my mixture really thick? Is that normal?
For some people the mixture turns out really thick and won't bake properly- turning into a very dense cake. Someone brought it to my attention that this happened when they used expired Bisquick. So make sure your Bisquick isn't expired!
What do I bake coffee cake in?
I use a 9 inch springform pan (typically used for cheesecakes), but feel free to use an 8x8 baking dish, or a medium sized bundt pan.
How to prevent underbaking and sinking?
If your oven temperature is off you may end up underbaking your coffee cake. This will cause it to sink in the middle when it cools. To prevent this I like to check the internal temperature with my kitchen thermometer when I pull it out of the oven. The cake needs to be between 205°F and 210°F to be done making. (affiliate link)
Does blueberry coffee cake need to be refrigerated?
I do recommend refrigerating the leftover coffee cake (if you have any!) in Ziploc baggie or other air tight container because of the glaze and the blueberries.
What is streusel and how to make it?
Streusel is a cinnamon sugar mixture that is found on top of many delicious cakes and muffins. I wanted this streusel coffee cake to have a lot on top- because it's extra delicious!
To make streusel:
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar, bisquick, cinnamon, and butter
- Mixture should be crumbly
- Sprinkle evenly over coffee cake (before baking)
- Bake and enjoy!
This blueberry coffee cake recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing!
Bisquick Coffee Cake Tip: Gently fold in your blueberries. Otherwise they will burst and stain the batter.
It will still taste delicious but will be a gross grey color after it’s been baked and no one wants that!
Can I use different berries? Blackberries, Raspberries, or Cranberries?
Absolutely! I also have these tasty Orange Cranberry Muffins you should try!
I wanted this crumb coffee cake recipe to have lots of crumb topping because that is one of my favorite parts- and I have no regrets about it! So good!
The sweetness from the sugar mixed with the delicious cinnamon makes the topping so good!
The glaze is made with almond extract because I love the flavor of it, but you can totally use vanilla or orange extract instead!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out these tasty treats:
- easy green smoothie
- breakfast burrito
- cinnamon roll french toast
- lemon bars
- orange scones
- bakery style rice crispy treats
- Lucky Charms cookies
Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake is simple and delicious!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Bisquick Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 cups original bisquick
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbs sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup bisquick mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter softened
Simple Glaze (Optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbs milk
- ½ tsp almond extract or vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9 inch round pan.*
- Combine all the ingredients for the streusel in a small bowl and mix everything together until crumbly. Set aside.(½ cup brown sugar, ½ cup white sugar, ⅔ cup bisquick mix, 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ cup softened butter)
- Mix all coffee cake ingredients together EXCEPT the blueberries. (2 cups original bisquick mix, ½ cup milk, 2 tbs sugar, ½ tsp vanilla, 1 egg)
- Once the batter is well mixed gently fold in the blueberries*. (1 1.2 cups blueberries)
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle streusel evenly over the top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, combine all the glaze ingredients until it is smooth. You can add additional milk 1 tsp at a time to thin it if needed. (1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tbs milk, ½ tsp almond extract)
- When coffee cake is done baking drizzle glaze over it.
Post updated on 8/1/2020