Air Fryer Pancakes are an easy tasty breakfast or snack that come together in no time! All you need is some pancake batter and some tasty toppings!
Making breakfast in your Air Fryer has never been easier! Earlier this week I shared my air fryer frozen breakfast burritos and now I wanted to show you how to make pancakes in the air fryer!
What you need:
- Pancake Batter- I love to use bisquick for pancakes but if you have a different recipe that will work too
- Non-stick cooking spray- like Pam
- Oven-safe baking dish that fits in your air fryer- I love using these aluminum pans BUT you can use a small cake pan or even ramekins.
- Air Fryer- I have an Instant Vortex but this will work with any type of Air Fryer.
How to make pancakes in the air fryer?
The key to making pancakes in an air fryer is having the right dish to air fry them in. I saw the use of these aluminum pans in other people’s recipe for air frying batters and gave it a try (affiliate link).
It works really well with pancake and gives a traditional pancake shape. Plus you can wash them and reuse them.
However, what if you don’t want to buy aluminum pans?
Easy, all you need is an oven safe dish that fits in your air fryer. It can be a small cake pan or even a ramekin (affiliate links).
The only difference using something like a ramekin vs the aluminum pan is the size, thickness, and possible the cooking time.
Ramekin vs Aluminum Pan- you can see that the ramekin pancake is thicker and a little smaller that the pancake made in the aluminum pan, but both took the same about of time and are equally as tasty!
How to air fry pancakes?
- Preheat your air fryer
- Grease your oven safe dish
- Make your batter then pour ¼ cup of batter into your prepared dish
- Air Fry, checking every 2 minutes until its done.
How long to cook pancakes in the air fryer?
For frozen pancakes I recommend 3-4 minutes (checking after 2 minutes for doneness), and for pancakes using batter I recommend 6 minutes (checking every 2 minutes for doneness).
Can you cook frozen pancakes in the air fryer?
Yes. Separate each pancake (if in a stack of 3), then air fry for 2 minutes. Check and then air fry for 1-2 more minutes until heated all the way through.
How to reheat pancakes in the air fryer?
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F then air fry for 30 seconds-1 minute. Make sure to check after 30 seconds.
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my other air fryer recipes for dino nuggets, egg rolls, and bagel bites!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Air Fryer Pancakes- 2 ways
- Oven safe bowl (like a ramekin), small aluminum pan, or a small cake pan (that will fit in your air fryer).
- Air Fryer
- Non stick cooking spray like Pam
Option 1- Frozen Pancakes
- 1 package Frozen Pancakes makes 3 pancakes
Option 2- Bisquick Pancakes (makes 6 pancakes)
- 1 cup bisquick mix
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
Option 1 Frozen Pancakes
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F
- Place 3 frozen pancakes in the air fryer basket or tray, make sure to separate each pancake.
- Air fry for 2 minutes, rotate, air fry for another 1-2 minutes until done.
Option 2 Bisquick Pancakes
- Combine Bisquick mix, milk, and egg in a bowl. Mixing until well combined.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F, spray oven safe bowl or aluminum pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the prepared dish.
- Air fry for 6 minutes, checking every two minutes, until it is done. Respray aluminum pans if you are making for than one pancake in it.
- Top with butter, syrup, fruit, and whipped cream and enjoy!
- If you have an air fryer like the instant vortex, you will want to position the air fryer tray at the lowest position, or if you are making more than one tray, switch tray positions half way through air frying so the top tray doesn’t get overcooked.
- The pancake size and thickness will depend on your bowl/pan size. An aluminum pan will make a traditional pancake shape (thicker in the center and thinner on the edges), where as a ramekin will make a uniformly thick pancake.
Leave a Reply