This amazing apple pecan salad is loaded with so many delicious ingredients! Serve it up as a side salad or add some chicken or steak and make it into a dinner salad! I love how easy and delicious this salad is!
When I was going to school for my undergraduate degree at CSU, Chico, I would love to visit a restaurant called Pluto’s. They make huge fresh salads that you get to top with a wide array of delicious toppings that change with the seasons. It was fun getting to try different fruits and nuts on my salads. I would always get a salad (I would get the half salad which filled up a large plate!), add steak and get a big piece of sourdough bread all for around $10. It was a delicious and filling meal that I always enjoyed.
Now that I live nowhere near Chico, CA, I’m always on the lookout for a great steak and salad combo that doesn’t cost $20 dollars or more and I have yet to find it! So now-a-days I just make my own! This is my go to salad recipe for a filling and delicious salad! I usually cook up a steak or some chicken to eat with it and it really is a super-fast, filling, and hands down one of the best salad recipes ever!
Apple Pecan Salad is easy and delicious!
How to make this easy apple pecan salad:
- This easy salad recipe can be put together in about 10 minutes or less.
- Start with tossing your diced tomatoes in olive oil, season them with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and then broil them on high for 5 minutes. I like to leave them in oven, with it turned off, after the 5 minutes to allow them to cook further until I’m ready to put them in the salad.
- Then dice your apples, strawberries and avocado.
- Combine all your toppings, add your favorite dressing, and voila!
- You have a super simple and really tasty.
Give it a try; you are going to love it! Also, if you know of any good steak and salad restaurants let me know! I want to try them!
This easy and healthy apple salad is on of my favorites!
Apple Pecan Salad
- 6 cups lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 1 Apple diced*
- 6 Strawberries diced
- ½ cup Pecan halves
- 1-2 cups Croutons
- 6 oz cup Feta
- 2 Avocados diced
- Dressing of Choice
- Toss diced tomatoes in olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and broil on high, middle rack, for 5 minutes. When the 5 minutes is up turn the broiler off but leave the tomatoes in the oven until the rest of the salad is prepared. This allows them to cook longer without burning.
- Dice apple, strawberries, and avocado.
- Assemble salad in a large bowl. Mixing together the lettuce with the apples, strawberries, pecans, croutons, feta and roasted tomatoes.
- Toss with a dressing of your choice
*I love to use sweet apples for this recipe like Gala.