This amazing apple pecan salad is loaded with so many delicious ingredients! Serve it up as a side salad or add some chicken or steak and make it into a dinner salad! I love how easy and delicious this salad is!
When I was going to school for my undergraduate degree at CSU, Chico, I would love to visit a restaurant called Pluto’s. They make huge fresh salads that you get to top with a wide array of delicious toppings that change with the seasons. It was fun getting to try different fruits and nuts on my salads. I would always get a salad (I would get the half salad which filled up a large plate!), add steak and get a big piece of sourdough bread all for around $10. It was a delicious and filling meal that I always enjoyed.
Now that I live nowhere near Chico, CA, I’m always on the lookout for a great steak and salad combo that doesn’t cost $20 dollars or more and I have yet to find it! So now-a-days I just make my own! This is my go to salad recipe for a filling and delicious salad! I usually cook up a steak or some chicken to eat with it and it really is a super-fast, filling, and hands down one of the best salad recipes ever!
Apple Pecan Salad is easy and delicious!
How to make this easy apple pecan salad:
- This easy salad recipe can be put together in about 10 minutes or less.
- Start with tossing your diced tomatoes in olive oil, season them with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and then broil them on high for 5 minutes. I like to leave them in oven, with it turned off, after the 5 minutes to allow them to cook further until I’m ready to put them in the salad.
- Then dice your apples, strawberries and avocado.
- Combine all your toppings, add your favorite dressing, and voila!
- You have a super simple and really tasty.
Give it a try; you are going to love it! Also, if you know of any good steak and salad restaurants let me know! I want to try them!
This easy and healthy apple salad is on of my favorites!
If you like this recipe check out my chocolate strawberry breakfast smoothie and my chicken casserole with spaghetti squash! Both are super healthy and super delicious!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Apple Pecan Salad
- 6 cups lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 1 Apple diced*
- 6 Strawberries diced
- ½ cup Pecan halves
- 1-2 cups Croutons
- 6 oz cup Feta
- 2 Avocados diced
- Dressing of Choice
- Toss diced tomatoes in olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and broil on high, middle rack, for 5 minutes. When the 5 minutes is up turn the broiler off but leave the tomatoes in the oven until the rest of the salad is prepared. This allows them to cook longer without burning.
- Dice apple, strawberries, and avocado.
- Assemble salad in a large bowl. Mixing together the lettuce with the apples, strawberries, pecans, croutons, feta and roasted tomatoes.
- Toss with a dressing of your choice
I love that you roasted the tomatoes, that's such a great way to add flavor to the salad. I would've never done that on my own and I love this salad combination. Definitely going to make mine with chicken.
Thank you! And chicken sounds great!
Lisa, this is one delicious salad!! Thanks for sharing! It's perfect for the upcoming season!
This looks amazing and it's so springy! It just makes me want to have dinner outside! Now if only the actual weather would reflect that as well ;).
Thank you! It feels like summer already here in NM! So I am all about salads haha!
Delicious indeed! I love adding fruit to my salads - can't wait to try this one!
I'm a huge fan of adding fruit to salads. It gives them a true summer flavor and I can't wait to try this one!