This post has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola® Company and SheSpeaks.
Coca-Cola® Crockpot Pulled Pork Sliders are so easy to make and are the perfect food for an at home football party!
Crockpot Pulled Pork Sliders
I love the football season and what I love even more is hosting a fun at-home football party! One of the best parts of any party is the food!
I love making these pulled pork sliders when I have a group of friends over to watch a game. They are so easy to make and everyone loves them.
The pulled pork for these sliders is made in the crock pot and is super easy to make. You can put the pork in the slow cooker in the morning and it will be done by game time!
Another reason I love this recipe is that it’s plain fun. Using Coca-Cola® in any recipe just makes it that much more- and I totally love doing that! We just love Coca-Cola® in this house!
I was able to find a 30 pack of Coca-Cola® Minis and a 35 pack of Sprite® at Sam’s Club and the prices couldn’t be beat. You get such a great value there on all the beverages you need for you fall football parties.
Plus, Sam’s Club not only offers Club Pick Up, which is super convenient, but also Scan & Go, which I absolutely love.
With Scan & Go you use the Sam’s Club app to scan each item as you add it in your cart and then pay with your credit card through the app. Simply have the nice man or woman at the door scan the bar code produced via the app after you pay and you can SKIP ALL THE LINES! Seriously it’s a game changer.
Talking about a game changer, that’s what these sliders are!
How to make pulled pork sliders:
- Chop your onion and place in the bottom of your crockpot
- Rub the seasonings all over the pork shoulder and place in the crockpot
- Pour the Coca-Cola® over the pork shoulder and cook
- Once fully cooked, shred the pork and build your sandwiches!
- Enjoy with a nice cold Coca-Cola® or delicious Sprite®!
Should I cook the pork on the low crockpot setting or high setting?
The lower temperature and slower cooking method will produce more tender pulled pork. I find when I cook it longer it falls apart/shreds more easily. That being said the quick 4hr cook time still results in delicious pulled pork.
Why use Coca-Cola®?
Besides my love for Coca-Cola® there is actually a good reason to use it. The Coca-Cola® acts as an acid and a sweetener to help break down the tougher parts of the pork shoulder and make it juicy and delicious.
Coca-Cola® Crockpot Pulled Pork Sliders
- 3 mini cans of Coca-Cola or 2 regular sized cans ~24 oz Coca-Cola
- 1 large white onion
- 4 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tbs salt
- 1 ½ tbs pepper
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 12 Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 2 Dozen Hawaiian Rolls
- BBQ sauce
- Slice your onion and place in the bottom of a medium sized crock pot. (1 white onion)
- Rub the pork shoulder with all the seasoning then place on top of the onions in the crockpot. (4lbs pork shoulder, 2 tbs garlic powder, 2 tbs salt, 1 ½ tbs pepper, 2 tbs brown sugar)
- Pour the Coca-Cola over the pulled pork*.
- Cook on low for ~8hrs or on medium/high for 4-6hrs**.
- When done cooking shred the pork. If the pork is really fatty you can remove the large chunks of fat.
- After the pork is shredded, I like to add a little bit of BBQ sauce to the pork as well as some left-over juice from the crock pot. This adds more flavor and more juiciness.
- Build your sliders with cheese, onions, BBQ sauce, and the pulled pork.
*The Coca-Cola® acts as an acid and a sweetener to help break down the tougher parts of the pork shoulder and make it juicy and delicious.
**The lower temperature and slower cooking method will produce more tender pulled pork. That being said the quick 4hr cook time still results in delicious pulled pork. I find when I cook it longer it falls apart/shreds more easily.