This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OrvilleGameTime #CollectiveBias
Buffalo Wing Popcorn, a fun and delicious way to celebrate the Big Game! The perfect balance of sweet with a little heat!
Buffalo Wing Popcorn made with Orville Redenbacher’s ® Movie Theater Popcorn!
Anyone else a football fan and love getting together with friends and family to watch your favorite team?! You know what else I’m a fan of during football games- Snacks!
This homemade buffalo wing popcorn is the perfect balance between sweet and spicy!
I thought I’d share a fun and tasty popcorn treat for the football season!
We all love eating buffalo wings during a big game so I thought I’d combine that delicious flavor with Orville Redenbacher’s Movie Theater Popcorn! YUM!
Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn is my popcorn of choice! It has no artificial preservatives, flavors, or dyes. They use real butter and their popcorn has been cultivated for over 50 years to become the best popcorn there is!
You could say this snack is a touch down at any football party! Get it! I crack myself up!
This football season I wanted an easy and fun way to decorate and add to the Big Game theme. So I pulled out my old football and got to work drawing football plays on a chalk board I had in the house.
I love simple but fun decorations! Make sure to find more inspiration for your game day party here!
How to make Buffalo Wing Popcorn:
- Pop your popcorn and remove any unpopped kernels
- Make you caramel buffalo wing sauce
- Mix sauce into your popcorn
- Bake and stir every 15 minutes for an hour
- Let cool and enjoy!
Why do you bake caramel corn?
You bake caramel corn so that the popcorn will last longer. I think it has to do with breaking down the structure of the sugar crystals and how they reharden afterwards but I am not 100% sure about it.
How to remove unpopped popcorn kernels from the popped popcorn?
Simply place a wire cooling rack onto a rimmed baking sheet then pour the popcorn on the cooling rack in batches. This will allow the kernels to fall through the wire rack but not the popcorn!
What does baking soda do for caramel corn?
Baking soda is a base and reacts with the acid in the brown sugar and corn syrup to form carbon dioxide. The chemical reaction forms air bubbles that when the caramel cools will create a softer texture instead of a hard candy texture.
You can pick up your Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn at your local Walmart!
I love that Orville Redenbacher’s theme is to be the best quality for the occasions that are most cherished! Like fun traditional get togethers for your favorite football games!
Looking for more game day party inspiration? Check out these ideas!
Buffalo Wing Popcorn
- 2 bags of popped popcorn Orville Redenbacher’s Movie Theater Popcorn
- 1 cup cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil and preheat oven to 250°F.
- Pop popcorn, remove unpopped kernels* and divide between prepared baking sheets.
- Melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt in sauce pan, bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Once at a boil let boil 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat, stir in hot sauce and return to a boil. Boil for 2 more minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over popcorn and stir to coat the popcorn.*
- Bake for an hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Store any leftover popcorn in an air tight container.