S’mores Cookie Bars are a delicious and easy treat this summer and fall! Perfect for a crowd or just a delicious dessert after dinner!
Okay, I promise this is the last S’mores inspired recipe for a while (but not forever!). I know I’ve been sharing a lot of them lately and I am not sorry!
Don't miss my other S'more inspired recipes!
S’mores are one of my favorite desserts ever! Marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers all melty and gooey- my favorite!
I thought I take my S’mores Cookies recipe and turn it into S’mores Cookie Bars. Well, it was actually my sister’s awesome idea and I am so glad she insisted I do it!
The main difference between the cookies and the bars in that you will need to bake the bars a little longer. Pretty easy right!?
What ingredients do you need?
- Sugar- brown and white
- Large Eggs
- Baking Soda
- Instant Pudding- I recommend Vanilla or White Chocolate
- Graham Crackers
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Chunks/Bars
How to make S’mores Cookie Bars:
- Preheat oven and spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix together the wet ingredients, set aside
- Mix together the dry ingredients including the crushed graham crackers but not the marshmallows or chocolate yet
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures then stir in the chocolate and mini marshmallows
- Spread dough out into the prepared baking dish and bake!
High Altitude Adjustments
What are the high-altitude adjustments for S’more Cookie Bars?
Decrease white sugar to ⅔ cup, decrease brown sugar to ⅔ cup, increase flour to 2 ½ cups and add 2 teaspoon of water.
What type of chocolate bars should you use?
I stuck with the classic Hershey Milk Chocolate Bar since that’s what I’ve grown up eating on S’mores. If you have a different preferred candy bar you can use that!
What type of pudding should you use?
Use a small box of instant pudding mix- they sometimes vary in sizes depending on the brand but you want a box that is between 3-4 oz. I like to use either vanilla or white chocolate flavored.
Can I make these in a larger baking sheet?
Don't miss this tip!
Before baking sprinkle the top of the flattened cookie dough with extra mini marshmallows and pieces of chocolate. This adds even more gooeyness and makes them picture perfect!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out these other tasty treats:
Alright, so out of all the S’mores recipes I’ve shared which has been your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!
Also- don't miss my latest recipes!
- Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Smoked Ribeye
- Red Velvet Brownies
- Smoked Chicken Legs
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Watch how to make this recipe!
S’mores Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter slightly softened
- ¾ cup white sugar*
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 box vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding mix ~3.4 oz*
- 1 ½ cup crushed graham crackers about 8 full graham crackers
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- If you live at high altitude see baking notes below for adjustments! *
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9x13* cake pan or dish with non-stick spray
- In a mixer or with a hand mixer and the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. (1 cup butter, ¾ cup white sugar, 1 ½ cups brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla)
- Add in each egg, on at a time. Mix in each egg completely before adding the next. The mixture should get lighter in color and thicker.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, instant pudding, graham crackers. (2 ¼ cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 box instant pudding mix, 1 ½ cup crushed graham crackers)
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on medium high until fully incorporated.
- Stir in by hand the chocolate chips, part of the mini marshmallow, the chopped Hershey Bars. (1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips, 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows, 3 chopped Hershey candy bars)
- Place dough into the prepared baking dish* and bake for 20-25 minutes. You want the edges to look a little brown and the center baked through.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
- *For high altitude adjustments: decrease white sugar to ⅔ cup, decrease brown sugar to ⅔ cup, increase flour to 2 ½ cups and add 2 teaspoon of water.
- *If you want cookie bars that aren’t as thick bake in a 13x18 sheet pan like I did for my chocolate chip cookie bar recipe!
- *Use the small box of instant pudding mix- they sometimes vary in sizes depending on the brand but you want a box that is between 3-4 oz.
- Press more mini marshmallows and chocolate on top of the bars before baking for pretty bars.
Post updated on 6/2/2021