S’mores Cookie Bars are a delicious and easy treat this summer and fall! Perfect for a crowd or just a delicious dessert after dinner!
S’mores Cookie Bars
Okay, I promise this is the last S’mores inspired recipe for a while (but not forever!). I know I’ve been sharing a lot of them lately and I am not sorry!
S’mores are one of my favorite desserts ever! Marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers all melty and gooey- my favorite!
I thought I take my S’mores Cookies recipe and turn it into S’mores Cookie Bars. Well, it was actually my sister’s awesome idea and I am so glad she insisted I do it!
The main difference between the cookies and the bars in that you will need to bake the bars longer. Pretty easy right!?
How to make S’mores Cookie Bars:
- Preheat oven and spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix together the wet ingredients, set aside
- Mix together the dry ingredients including the crushed graham crackers but not the marshmallows or chocolate yet
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures then stir in the chocolate and mini marshmallows
- Spread dough out into the prepared baking dish and bake!
What are the high-altitude adjustments for S’mores Cookie Bars?
Decrease white sugar to 2/3 cup, decrease brown sugar to 2/3 cup, increase flour to 2 ½ cups and add 2 tsp of water.
What type of chocolate bars should you use?
I stuck with the classic Hershey Milk Chocolate Bar since that’s what I’ve grown up eating on S’mores. If you have a different preferred candy bar you can use that!
What type of pudding should you use?
Use a small box of instant pudding mix- they sometimes vary in sizes depending on the brand but you want a box that is between 3-4 oz. I like to use either vanilla or white chocolate flavored.
Can I make these in a larger baking sheet?
Watch how to make S’mores Cookie Bars here:
If you like this recipe make sure to check out these other tasty treats:
- Homemade Brownies
- Easy Lemon Bars
- Surprise Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cake Pops
- Marshmallow Frosted Cupcakes
Alright, so out of all the S’mores recipes I’ve shared which has been your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!
S’mores Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter slightly softened
- ¾ cup white sugar*
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 box vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding mix ~3.4 oz*
- 1 ½ cup crushed graham crackers about 8 full graham crackers
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- If you live at high altitude see baking notes below for adjustments! *
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9x13* cake pan or dish with non-stick spray
- In a mixer or with a hand mixer and the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. (1 cup butter, ¾ cup white sugar, 1 ½ cups brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla)
- Add in each egg, on at a time. Mix in each egg completely before adding the next. The mixture should get lighter in color and thicker.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, instant pudding, graham crackers. (2 ¼ cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 box instant pudding mix, 1 ½ cup crushed graham crackers)
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on medium high until fully incorporated.
- Stir in by hand the chocolate chips, part of the mini marshmallow, the chopped Hershey Bars. (1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips, 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows, 3 chopped Hershey candy bars)
- Place dough into the prepared baking dish* and bake for 20-25 minutes. You want the edges to look a little brown and the center baked through.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
*For high altitude adjustments: decrease white sugar to 2/3 cup, decrease brown sugar to 2/3 cup, increase flour to 2 ½ cups and add 2 tsp of water.
*If you want cookie bars that aren’t as thick bake in a 13x18 sheet pan like I did for my chocolate chip cookie bar recipe!
*Use the small box of instant pudding mix- they sometimes vary in sizes depending on the brand but you want a box that is between 3-4 oz.