S’mores Cookie Bars are a delicious and easy treat this summer and fall! Perfect for a crowd or just a delicious dessert after dinner!
S’mores Cookie Bars
Okay, I promise this is the last S’mores inspired recipe for a while (but not forever!). I know I’ve been sharing a lot of them lately and I am not sorry!
S’mores are one of my favorite desserts ever! Marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers all melty and gooey- my favorite!
I thought I take my S’mores Cookies recipe and turn it into S’mores Cookie Bars. Well, it was actually my sister’s awesome idea and I am so glad she insisted I do it!
The main difference between the cookies and the bars in that you will need to bake the bars longer. Pretty easy right!?
How to make S’mores Cookie Bars:
- Preheat oven and spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix together the wet ingredients, set aside
- Mix together the dry ingredients including the crushed graham crackers but not the marshmallows or chocolate yet
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures then stir in the chocolate and mini marshmallows
- Spread dough out into the prepared baking dish and bake!
What are the high-altitude adjustments for S’mores Cookie Bars?
Decrease white sugar to ⅔ cup, decrease brown sugar to ⅔ cup, increase flour to 2 ½ cups and add 2 tsp of water.
What type of chocolate bars should you use?
I stuck with the classic Hershey Milk Chocolate Bar since that’s what I’ve grown up eating on S’mores. If you have a different preferred candy bar you can use that!
What type of pudding should you use?
Use a small box of instant pudding mix- they sometimes vary in sizes depending on the brand but you want a box that is between 3-4 oz. I like to use either vanilla or white chocolate flavored.
Can I make these in a larger baking sheet?
If you like this recipe make sure to check out these other tasty treats:
- Homemade Brownies
- Easy Lemon Bars
- Surprise Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cake Pops
- Marshmallow Frosted Cupcakes
Alright, so out of all the S’mores recipes I’ve shared which has been your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!
Watch how to make this recipe!
S’mores Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter slightly softened
- ¾ cup white sugar*
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 box vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding mix ~3.4 oz*
- 1 ½ cup crushed graham crackers about 8 full graham crackers
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- If you live at high altitude see baking notes below for adjustments! *
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9x13* cake pan or dish with non-stick spray
- In a mixer or with a hand mixer and the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. (1 cup butter, ¾ cup white sugar, 1 ½ cups brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla)
- Add in each egg, on at a time. Mix in each egg completely before adding the next. The mixture should get lighter in color and thicker.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, instant pudding, graham crackers. (2 ¼ cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 box instant pudding mix, 1 ½ cup crushed graham crackers)
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on medium high until fully incorporated.
- Stir in by hand the chocolate chips, part of the mini marshmallow, the chopped Hershey Bars. (1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips, 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows, 3 chopped Hershey candy bars)
- Place dough into the prepared baking dish* and bake for 20-25 minutes. You want the edges to look a little brown and the center baked through.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
- *For high altitude adjustments: decrease white sugar to ⅔ cup, decrease brown sugar to ⅔ cup, increase flour to 2 ½ cups and add 2 tsp of water.
- *If you want cookie bars that aren’t as thick bake in a 13x18 sheet pan like I did for my chocolate chip cookie bar recipe!
- *Use the small box of instant pudding mix- they sometimes vary in sizes depending on the brand but you want a box that is between 3-4 oz.