This S’mores Cookies Recipe is easy to make and full of melted chocolate and marshmallow goodness! These are a delicious and fun treat this summer and fall!
Perfect for potlucks, bbqs, or just a fun night in- these S’mores Cookies are easy to make and extra tasty!
S’mores are my life right now and I love it! These cookies turned out so well and I am so excited to share them with you!
For more S'mores Recipes check out:
For this recipe I took my normal chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe and S’moreified it!
I add crushed graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bar pieces to the dough AND THEN mid bake I add more marshmallows and chocolate to the top of the cookies so it would be all melted and gooey when done baking.
What ingredients do you need?
- Sugar- brown and white
- Large Eggs
- Baking Soda
- Instant Pudding- I recommend Vanilla or White Chocolate
- Graham Crackers
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Chunks/Bars
How to make S’mores Cookies from scratch:
- Preheat oven and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix together the wet ingredients, set aside
- Mix together the dry ingredients including the crushed graham crackers but not the marshmallows or chocolate yet
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures then stir in the chocolate and mini marshmallows
- Place rounded dough on cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes then remove baking sheet from oven and quickly but gently press a few extra pieces of chocolate and marshmallow onto each cookie.
- Return baking sheet to oven and bake for another 1-2 minutes.
High Altitude Adjustments
What are the high-altitude adjustments for this S’mores Cookies Recipe?
Decrease white sugar to ⅔ cup, decrease brown sugar to ⅔ cup, increase flour to 2 ½ cups and add 2 tsp of water.
What type of pudding should you use and why?
Use a small box of instant pudding mix- they sometimes vary in sizes depending on the brand but you want a box that is between 3-4 oz. I like to use either vanilla or white chocolate flavored- but if you can find a marshmallow pudding flavor that would be amazing!
I add instant pudding because it gives the cookies a nice chewy/soft texture.
What type of chocolate bars should you use?
I stuck with the classic Hershey Milk Chocolate Bar since that’s what I’ve grown up eating on S’mores. If you have a different preferred candy bar you can use that!
How do you keep marshmallows from melting?
Try to form the cookies into balls that don’t have marshmallows exposed or on the edge. I found when that happens the marshmallow will melt out and become a sticky and a little hard- plus it's not very pretty.
This will probably happen regardless to some of your cookies so just cut those edges off. You can see in my picture of the cookies on the tray what it looks like. But even if it does happen, they are still delicious!
What’s your favorite S’more creation? Let me know in the comments below!
Don't miss my most recent recipes:
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- How to Cut Cilantro
- How to tell if potatoes are bad?
- Herb Butter Turkey Recipe
- Leftover Turkey Enchiladas
Watch how to make this recipe!
- 1 cup butter slightly softened
- ¾ cup white sugar*
- ¾ cups brown sugar*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 box vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding mix ~3.4 oz*
- 1 ½ cup crushed graham crackers about 8 full graham crackers
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 Hershey Bars chopped
For topping the cookies mid bake:
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Hershey Bars chopped
- If you live at high altitude see baking notes below for adjustments! *
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer or with a hand mixer and the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. (1 cup butter, ¾ cup white sugar, ¾ cup brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla)
- Add in each egg, on at a time. Mix in each egg completely before adding the next. The mixture should get lighter in color and thicker. ( 2 large eggs)
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, instant pudding, graham crackers. (2 ¼ cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 box instant pudding mix, 1 ½ cup crushed graham crackers)
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on medium high until fully incorporated.
- Stir in by hand the chocolate chips, part of the mini marshmallow, and part of the chopped Hershey Bars. (1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips, 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows, 3 chopped Hershey candy bars)
- Place rolled cookie rounds onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes*. Pull cookie tray out of oven and gently press on some of the additional marshmallows and chocolate pieces. I like to add one or two pieces of each to every cookie. (1 ½ cups mini marshmallows, 2 Hershey Bars chopped).
- Bake for another 1-2 minutes- until the cookies look done.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
- *For high altitude adjustments: decrease white sugar to ⅔ cup, decrease brown sugar to ⅔ cup, increase flour to 2 ½ cups and add 2 tsp of water.
- *Use the small box of instant pudding mix- they sometimes vary in sizes depending on the brand but you want a box that is between 3-4 oz.
- *Try to form the cookies into balls that don’t have marshmallows exposed or on the edge. I found when that happens the marshmallow will melt out and become a sticky and a little hard- plus is not very pretty. This will probably happen regardless to some of your cookies so just cut those edges off. You can see in my picture of the cookies on the tray what it looks like.
Post updated on 5/25/2021