Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a delicious and fun spin on the classic chocolate chip cookie! Perfect for potlucks, bbqs, or just a fun night in- these cookie bars are easy to make and extra tasty!
My husband and I are always big chocolate chip cookie fans and I knew I need to have a got to cookie bar recipe in my recipe arsenal!
Don't miss these other dessert bars:
I thought it would be fun to come up with an easy cookie bar recipes because sometimes when I have a get together to go to, I want to bring cookies but I don’t have time to roll out all the cookies.
This recipe is great because I can just pour all the batter into the sheet pan and bake it all at once. The cookie bars come out perfectly cooked and taste delicious!
Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips
How to make chocolate chip cookie bars:
- Preheat oven and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Make the cookie dough and then spread out into an even layer into the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Allow to cool before cutting
High Altitude Adjustments
What are the high-altitude adjustments for Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars?
Decrease white sugar to ⅔ cup, decrease brown sugar to 1 cup, increase flour to 2 ½ cups.
How do you know when cookie bars are done?
I like to make sure the edges are golden brown and the center is set.
Fun cookie bar ideas:
- Dip each bar halfway into melted chocolate for a fancy look
- Use colored candies instead of chocolate chips for different holidays
- Add a packet of instant pudding mix for a little extra flavor and more chewiness
Do you love cookies? Have you tried these chocolate chip cookie bars yet? Let me know in a comment below!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter slightly softened
- ¾ cup white sugar*
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- If you live at high altitude see baking notes below for adjustments!
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line an 13x18 sheet pan with edges/ baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixer or with a hand mixer and the paddle attachment mix together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. (1 cup butter, ¾ cup white sugar, 1 ½ cups brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla)
- Add in each egg, on at a time. Mix in each egg completely before adding the next. The mixture should get lighter in color and thicker.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda. (2 ¼ cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda)
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on medium high until fully incorporated.
- Stir in by hand the chocolate chips. (1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Pour batter into the prepared sheet tray and smooth out until it is evenly dispersed.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. You want the edges to be a little golden.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
- *For high altitude adjustments: decrease white sugar to ⅔ cup, decrease brown sugar to 1 cup, increase flour to 2 ½ cups.
- If using a smaller baking dish for thicker bars you will need to bake a little longer.
Leave a Reply