*Disclaimer: I was given an advanced copy of the Sugar High cookbook for free so that I could try a few recipes and share them with you! Get your copy of Sweet & Savory Baking in Your High-Altitude Kitchen here!
A few years ago I would have told you sugar cookies were my least favorite cookie- and now I have three delicious recipes that I love! First was my easy cut out sugar cookies, then my soft sugar cookies and now these delicious chocolate sugar cookies!
How to make chocolate sugar cookies:
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl
- In a separate bowl beat butter and sugars until well combined. Then add in the coffee, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk.
- Add in the flour mixture a little at a time until full combined.
- Roll dough into balls and then roll in sugar.
- Place each ball on a parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten slightly with the bottom of a cup.
- Bake at 350°F f or 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Chewy chocolate sugar cookies every time!
These chocolate sugar cookies are soft, easy to make and delicious!
Soft Chocolate Sugar Cookies are the best!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my other Sugar High featured recipe: Hamburger Buns! Also check out some of my other favorite dessert recipes on the Dessert Table. Desserts include the best chocolate cake, my piñata cupcakes, and my easy no churn ice cream!
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup dark cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 14 tbs unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar plus more for rolling
- 1 ½ tbs strongly brewed coffee* cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchement paper or nonstick mats.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a different large bowl, beat together the melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Mix in the coffee, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Slowly add the flour mixture, and stir until completely combined.
- Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough into your hands, and roll into balls. Then roll each ball in sugar to coat it completely. Place on your baking sheet, and press down each dough ball slightly with the bottom of a glass. Space each cookie about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are set and have cracks on the edges and top, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
*I didn’t have coffee so I used a 1 tsp instant espresso powder mixed with 1 ½ tbs warm water.
Recipe from Sugar High: Sweet & Savory Baking in Your High-Altitude Kitchen, ©2018 by Nicole Hampton, Graphic Arts Books®, reprinted by permission. You can order your copy of this cookbook from: http://www.sugarhighcookbook.com/