Happy Hearthstone playing my friends! Whip up these easy and delicious chocolate cupcakes inspired by the new Boomsday expansion! Seriously, who doesn’t love a good chocolate cupcake?!
Who else was super excited about the Hearthstone Boomsday expansion?! I like many others pre-purchased card packs and received not only 50 card packs, a golden legendary, but also the awesome pre-purchase card back! These chocolate cupcakes are inspired by that card back! I loved the colors and new I had to make something to celebreate!
This chocolate cupcake recipe is a part of my full Hearthstone Menu! Make sure to check it out and find other awesome recipes like Kaboom Bot Rice Crispy Treats, Ultrasaur Pancakes, and Ragnaros Fire Sauce! If you aren’t familiar with Hearthstone you can read all about this fun online card game here!
These cupcakes are seriously so easy to make! The recipe is my best chocolate cupcake recipe and takes chocolate boxed cake mix and spiffs it up so it tastes extra amzing! All you do is add a few extra ingredients and you have the best, most moist, and easy cupcakes ever! However, if you are a fan of cupcakes from scratch have no fear! I have a delicious from scratch chocolate cupcake recipe right here!
This moist chocolate cupcake recipe is fast and easy!
Who doesn’t love a good chocolate cupcake recipe that you can decorate to look so fun!
Decorating these chocolate cupcakes are simple:
- Frost each cupcake with a nice layer of purple frosting
- Pipe on the Hearthstone symbol with the green frosting
- Impress your fellow Hearthstone players with bother your baking/decorating skill and your awesome playing skills!
These cupcakes are also topped by my amazingly delicious buttercream frosting! I’ve used it in many of recipes like my StarCraft Anniversary Cake, Happy Birthday Harry Potter Cake, these cupcakes and more to come!
What other Hearthstone inspired recipes would like to see? Or any other game recipes too! Were you like me and pre-purchased packs? Did you get anything good? Let me know in a comment below!!
Card Back Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 batch of my easy chocolate cupcakes- link in instructions
- 1 batch of my easy buttercream frosting divided- link in instructions
Additional items for decoration
- Neon Purple Food Gel
- Neon Green Food Gel
- Piping Bag or ziploc bag
- Wilton 12 Piping Tip optional
- Make up one batch of my easy chocolate cupcakes.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, whip up some easy buttercream frosting.
- Remove about 1 cup from the buttercream. Add neon green food gel to the 1 cup, and neon purple food gel to the remaining larger portion of frosting. Mix the colors in thoroughly.
- To decorate the cupcakes, using the purple frosting apply a nice layer on each cupcake. Then, using your piping bag and piping tip pipe on the Hearthstone swirl using the geen frosting. If you are not using a piping tip and bag, simply cut the corner off a ziploc baggie and pipe on the design. If you do use a biggie the design won’t be as uniform but it will still look good and taste delicious!
Hearthstone Card Back Image from the Blizzard Press Kit
©2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Hearthstone is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
Thank you Hearthstone for some of the fun items given to me for my pictures!