Pecan Pie Cake is a simple and delicious cake. With a pecan pie filling baked on top and topped with some cream cheese frosting, this tender cake will have you wanting seconds and thirds!
Using a variation of my classic pecan pie filling, this cake is loaded with all the things you love about the pie but in cake form!
What do you need for pecan pie cake?
Cake Mix- I use a store-bought Butter Pecan mix, plus Water, Vegetable Oil, and Eggs
Pecan Pie Filling- Corn Syrup, Brown Sugar, Eggs, Unsalted Butter, Vanilla Extract, and Chopped Pecans
Topping- Cream Cheese Frosting (store bought or homemade), Cool Whip, Whipped Cream, or Vanilla Ice Cream
This recipe is melt in your mouth delicious!
How to make pecan pie cake?
- Preheat oven and prep a baking dish with nonstick spray with flour (like Baker’s Joy).
- In a saucepan combine con syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Heat and stir until it thickens. Then stir in the chopped pecans and set aside.
- Mix together cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Then pour cake mix into prepared baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven (partially baked) and gently spread the pecan pie filling over the top. Bake for another 18-20 minutes or until cake is done.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool before frosting, and enjoy!
Pro Tip: For extra flavor toast your pecans before adding them to the filling. Toast the pecans in preheated oven at 350°F for 5 minutes. They should be fragrant but not burned. Once toasted set aside.
Can you make this into a 2 layered cake?
Yes. Simply separate the batter into 2 cake pans and bake as instructed in the recipe.
- Caramel Pecan Pie Cake- Use my filling from my caramel pecan pie for extra sweetness!
- Chocolate- Add a ½ cup-1 cup of chocolate chips to the filling and allow to melt before adding to the cake.
Does pecan pie cake need to be refrigerated?
Yes. Store cake in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
How long does cake last?
This cake is best eaten within 1-2 days of baking it but will stay good for 3-5 days if refrigerated.
Can pecan pie cake be frozen?
Yes. You can freeze the cake in an air tight container for up to 3 months (for best taste/texture). When ready to eat, allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Is there a butter pecan cake mix?
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my other fall favorite treats like sweet potato cupcakes, pudding, and souffle, chocolate pudding pie and french silk pie, and pumpkin pie cookies and cheesecake cookies!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Pecan Pie Cake
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix*
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
Pecan Pie Filling
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pecan – roughly chopped
- Serve with a dollop of cream cheese frosting cool whip, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of brown sugar or cinnamo
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Stir continuously until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, ~10 minutes. Stir in chopped pecans and cook for another 3-5 minutes. * Then set aside.1 cup light corn syrup, 1 cup brown sugar, 3 large eggs, ¼ cup unsalted butter, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 cups Pecan – roughly chopped
- Mix together the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs.1 package butter pecan cake mix*, 1 cup water, ½ cup vegetable oil, 3 large eggs
- Pour cake mix into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove half-baked cake from oven, gently spread pecan pie filling over cake and return to oven. Bake for another 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool then serve with a dollop of cream cheese frosting, cool whip, whipped cream, or ice cream!Serve with a dollop of cream cheese frosting, Garnish with a sprinkle of brown sugar or cinnamo
- *Vanilla Cake mix is a good alternative if you can’t find a butter pecan option.
- If you want to make homemade cream cheese frosting check out this recipe!