Sugared Cranberries are such an easy way to take holiday snacking to the next level. These sugared cranberries are easy to make, tasty, and so pretty!
Sugared Cranberries- a simple and tasty holiday favorite!
Drinks look extra festive with the sugared cranberries!
Can you eat sugared cranberries?
Yes! These sugared cranberries are delicious and have the great contrast of the tart cranberries and the sweet sugar coating!
How do you store sugared cranberries?
Store them in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for a few days. You can always reroll them in sugar if needed.
How long do sugared cranberries last?
Only a few days. You want them to remain hard/crisp. Once they start to soften they aren’t very good to eat anymore.
A little while ago I shared this recipe for a delicious Coke-tail. I thought the drink needed a little something to help the drink stand out so I came up with a sugared cranberries stirrer.
These frosted cranberries are super easy to make!
How do you make sugared cranberries:
- Dissolve water and sugar over medium heat
- Add cranberries and stir to coat thoroughly
- Place cranberries on a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to dry for an hour
- Roll in sugar
I made cocktail stirrers out of these by simply sticking them on a toothpick but they are delicious just as a snack! I highly recommend making these for any party!
These candied cranberries are a great pairing for Christmas cocktails!
- 1 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 2 cups of sugar divided
- ½ cup water
How to make sugared cranberries:
- Rinse cranberries and remove any soft or bad cranberries.
- In a medium sized saucepot combine ½ cup sugar and the water. Over medium heat stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Stir in the cranberries until well coated.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer to a wire rack or parchment lined baking sheet and allow cranberries to dry for an hour.
- After an hour, roll the cranberries in the remaining sugar. Best to do this in batches so you can get the cranberries well coated.
- Serve in a bowl or stick on toothpicks for a tasty cocktail stirrer!