The BEST Gingerbread Bundt Cake- tender, flavorful, easy to make, and delicious. Topped with a Maple Vanilla Glaze you won’t be able to stop eating this!
It will become a holiday must have for the whole family!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
When you think of the holidays gingerbread is right near the top! Whether it’s building a cute gingerbread house or whipping up some soft gingerbread cookies, it’s definitely a favorite!
I want to share with you one of my favorite gingerbread desserts- this Gingerbread Bundt Cake.
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my gingerbread trifle- where I use a half recipe of this cake in addition to layers of eggnog and white chocolate pudding for a fun dessert!
This bundt cake is tender, has the perfect crumb, and is a crowd pleaser every time I make it. Drizzled with a delicious Maple Vanilla glaze, you will have everyone asking for seconds!
Bundt Cake Ingredients
With only a handful of ingredients you can make this delicious dessert!
- Butter- I use unsalted but if you use salted just omit the salt in the recipe
- Granulated Sugar
- Molasses- unsulphered
- Baking Soda AND Baking Powder
- Spices- Cinnamon, Ginger, and Clove, or you can use pre mixed Pie Spice instead
- Salt and Hot Water
- Powdered Sugar
- Maple Syrup
How to make gingerbread bundt cake?
- Preheat oven and grease your pan
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- Cream the butter and sugar, then stir in the molasses and eggs.
- Mix in the flour then slowly pour in the hot water and mix until combined.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, then remove from oven.
- Gently loosen the edges of the cake away from the pan then flip onto a cooling rack or your cake plate. Allow to cool completely.
- Top with the maple vanilla glaze and enjoy!
Can you use a boxed gingerbread cake mix?
This gingerbread cake is super easy to make from scratch but if you don’t have time I won’t tell if you doctor a boxed cake mix.
Just add an extra egg, a teaspoon of cinnamon, ¾ cups sour cream, and ¾ cups heavy cream in addition to what the ginger bread cake box requires for baking. Bake according to the instructions and it will be our secret!
What is the point of a bundt cake?
A bundt cake pan allows even baking since more surface of the cake comes into contact with the pan. It is particularly helpful for cakes like pound cake which are often over done on the outside while not fully cooked on the inside.
My favorite bundt pans?
What is the difference between gingerbread and ginger cake?
Gingerbread typically has a similar ratio of ginger to other spices in the cake, whereas ginger cake usually has more ginger, whether dried or fresh.
Tips for the best toast:
- Don’t grease the baking sheet.
- Watch the bread while broiling very carefully! It can go from perfectly toasted to burnt in a matter of seconds!
- Once you flip the bread the untoasted side will take much less time to toast since it’s already hot and dried out. Watch it carefully!
- If you just want to dry out the bread (maybe for some bread pudding), you can broil the bread but place the baking sheet on the lowest oven rack position and then watch the bread carefully.
- As always please be careful the oven/broiler is very hot. Use oven mitts and tongs to flip the toast to prevent burning yourself.
Watch how to make this recipe!
Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- 5 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon*
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter*
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups molasses- unsulphered*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups hot water
Maple Vanilla Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoon real maple syrup
- 2-3 tbs milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease your bundt pan with cooking spray or Baker’s Joy.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.5 cups flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, 4 teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoon cinnamon*, 2 teaspoon ginger, 2 teaspoon cloves, 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.1 cup unsalted butter*, 1 cup granulated sugar
- Stir in the molasses and eggs.2 cups molasses- unsulphered*, 2 large eggs
- Stir in the flour mixture until fully combined.
- While stirring, pour in the hot water and mix until combined.2 cups hot water
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan* and bake for 60-75 minutes*, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I like to check mine with a thermometer to make sure it bakes fully- when the temperature reaches between 205°F and 210°F I remove from oven.
- Once done baking gently loosen the edges of the cake away from the pan using a heat proof spatula, then flip onto a cooling rack or your cake plate.
- Allow cake to cool completely before adding glaze.
Maple Vanilla Glaze
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients, mixing until smooth.2 cups powdered sugar, 4 teaspoon real maple syrup, 2-3 tbs milk, ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Drizzle over cake.
- *If you use salted butter just omit the ½ teaspoon of salt from the recipe.
- *You can substitute 6 teaspoon pie spice instead of the cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- *Unsulphered Molasses is what you are most likely to find at the store. It is sweeter and has no additives, compared to sulphured molasses.
- * The batter will fill a little more than ¾ of the pan. If it’s much higher you run the risk of it overflowing as it bakes. Mine baked nice and tall, but did bake higher than the rim of the bundt pan. I recommend putting a baking sheet under bundt pan just incase it overflows. If the pan does seem too full- remove some of the batter until it’s ¾ full.
- *Check the cake at the 30- and 50-minute mark- if it seems to be browning to much simply cover with foil and continue baking until done.