White Chocolate Covered Strawberries, easy to make and a beautiful treat! Decorate with sprinkles or leave plain- these are an elegant dessert anytime you make them!
I’ve shared in the past how to make chocolate covered strawberries and although this recipe is similar, I still wanted to share how I make White Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
White chocolate covered strawberries always looks so elegant and classy. These are great for Valentine’s Day, Weddings, and even Baby Showers!
For more fun treats check out:
- Valentine’s Cake Pops
- Easy Chocolate Truffles
- Heart Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Buttercream
What you need for this recipe:
Strawberries- rinsed and dried
White Candy Melts- White or Bright White works well
Decorations- I like to use sprinkles or even a second color of candy melts to add strips (red, brown, or pink)
How to make white chocolate covered strawberries?
- Rinse and thoroughly dry your strawberries.
- Melt your white candy melts
- Dip your strawberries and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on sprinkles before the white chocolate sets up, or wait until it sets up and drizzle on some more chocolate to create lines.
Best way to dip strawberries?
Grab the strawberries by the green leaves at the top and then dip into the white chocolate.
You can dip the strawberry and use a spoon to cover the sides of the strawberry or use a bowl that is small and deep (like a large shot glass) so you can cover the strawberry in one dunk.
How to store white chocolate covered strawberries?
Store in an airtight container for two days. They will last up to 4-5 day refrigerated but are the best and freshest when eaten within 48 hrs.
Best white chocolate for dipping strawberries?
I highly recommend using candy melts/chocolate wafers. This type of white chocolate doesn’t need to be tempered and will set up at room temperature.
Brands I recommend are Ghirardelli, Wilton, and Merckens. You can also use almond bark, or the microwavable trays with chocolate in them from your local grocery store.
You want the wafers to say white chocolate flavored wafers. If they are real chocolate, they will need to be tempered in ordered to form a hard shell.
Can I use white chocolate chips?
If you use white chocolate chips you will need to temper the white chocolate so it hardens on the strawberry.
Toppings for chocolate covered strawberries?
I love using all types of sprinkles to cover the strawberries in. You can also crush up Oreos, M&Ms, Peanuts, and toasted coconut!
Do you prefer white chocolate or chocolate covered strawberries? Let me know in the comments below!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
White Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 12 oz bag of white chocolate candy melts*
- 2 lbs strawberries 32 oz
- Sprinkles optional
- Other colored candy melts optional- for drizzle
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and dry completely the strawberries, removing any that aren’t good. Water isn’t good for any type of chocolate so make sure to dry all of it off.2 lbs strawberries
- In a microwave safe dish melt your chocolate candy melts. Make sure to turn your microwave to 50% power, microwave for 30 secs, stir and repeat until melted. This will take around 1-2 minutes.12 oz bag of white chocolate candy melts*
- Dip your strawberries in the melted white chocolate. It helps to hold the strawberry by the green leaves, dip and swirl. Let any excess white chocolate drip off and you can even scrape the bottom side (the side that will be sitting on the parchment paper) on the edge of the bowl.
- Place strawberries on prepared baking sheet and allow to set up. If you are putting sprinkles on you can sprinkle them on now- before the white chocolate hardens.Sprinkles
- If you want to drizzle with chocolate or colored candy melts, allow the dipped strawberries to set up, melt your candy melts in the same way you melted the white chocolate candy melts. Then place the melted candy melts in a piping bag or a zip loc bag and cut the tip off to make a small hole. Then drizzle the strawberries.Other colored candy melts
- *I used Wilton candy melts- regular white, but bright white can be used too.
- If you want to use white chocolate chips you have to temper the chocolate so it will set up hard after melting.
- Turning the power on the microwave to 50% will help prevent the candy melts from seizing/burning.
- Additional toppings like crushed Oreos, crushed M&Ms, chopped peanuts, and toasted coconut are all tasty toppings too.
Leave a Reply