Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookie, easy to make chocolate chip cookies perfect for Valentine’s Day. These easily bake up into the best and cutest heart cookies!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
It’s hard to beat a delicious perfect chocolate chip cookie but when it’s in shaped as a heart it makes it all the sweeter!
These are a perfect treat for Valentine’s Day or anytime you want to share some fun heart shaped chocolate chip cookies!
What you need for this recipe:
- Heart Shaped Mold- I used this one
- Sugar- Brown and White
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate- I like to use both semi-sweet chocolate chunks and semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use all of just one or the other if you like
- Optional Decorations: Candy Melts and Sprinkles
How to make Heart Shaped Cookies?
- Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla
- Add in the eggs one at a time
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking soda
- Fold in the chocolate- I like to use a mixture of both chocolate chunks and chocolate chips
- Press dough into the heart shaped molds
- Bake at 375°F for 8-11 minutes
- Decorate or enjoy as is!
Tips For the Best Cookies
High Altitude Adjustments: Decrease both sugars to only ⅔ cups. Increase flour to 2 ½ cups and add two 2 teaspoon water when you add your flour.
Check Your Mold Before Baking Every Time: Make sure to check each heart to make sure the indent isn't pressed out. Otherwise you won't get a nice heart shape but a blob.
How to decorate heart cookies?
I like to dip the cookies in candy melts, then sprinkle with fun Valentine Sprinkles, or drizzle with a different candy melt color.
How to store chocolate chip heart cookies?
Store cookies in an air tight container like a Ziploc baggie.
How long do cookies last?
Eat within a week for freshest taste.
Can you make cookie dough ahead of time?
Yep! Just make the dough then roll into balls before freezing. To bake them into hearts after freezing, allow the dough to thaw in the refrigerator then press into the heart molds and bake according to directions.
Why add instant pudding mix to cookies?
Pudding mix is my “secret” ingredient. It makes the most tender and chewy cookies that everyone loves.
Which cookie do you think is the cutest?
The white and pink gives off strong Barbie vibes which is super fun but I really love how the sprinkles look! Let me know your favorite in the comments below!
If you want to make Chocolate Cookies that are heart shaped check out my chocolate pudding cookies. They have butterscotch and white chocolate chips in them and are one of my favorite cookies ever!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter* softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding 3.4 oz
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate bar*
- Optional Decorations Candy Melts, Sprinkles
For high altitude adjustments see notes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With a stand-up mixer, cream butter, brown and white sugar, and vanilla.1 cup unsalted butter*, ¾ cup white sugar, ¾ cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add in eggs one at a time. Letting the first egg incorporate fully into the batter before adding the next.2 eggs
- Add in the flour, instant pudding mix, baking soda, and salt. Mix until fully combined.2 ¼ cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- Roughly chop baking chocolate then fold in baking chocolate chunks and chocolate chips to cookie dough.1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 4 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate bar*
- Press spoonfuls of dough into the heart molds. Fill each heart mold ¼- ½ of the way. It’s easy to transport the mold if you place it on baking sheet (I leave it on the baking sheet while the cookies bake too).
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. They will be slightly browned on top.
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes before popping out and baking the rest.
- If decorating, melt candy melts at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds.
- Once melted and smooth dip the cookies in to the candy melts then add sprinkles.Optional Decorations
- *If you use salted butter omit the salt added in this recipe.
- *If you don’t have semi-sweet baking chocolate then add an extra ½ cup of chocolate chips.
- *For high altitude decrease both sugars to only ⅔ cups and increase flour to 2 ½ cups plus two 2 teaspoon water.
- Nutrition Info doesn't include anything used to decorate cookies.