This Oreo Truffles recipe are easy to make and out of this world delicious! Soft creamy texture bursting with Oreo flavor all dipped in tasty chocolate.
The perfect easy truffles recipe! So. Good.
For my husband’s birthday, I was requested to make lots of tasty Oreo desserts and I happily complied. Last week I shared the Oreo Bars (that we then turned into Oreo ice cream bars!) and this week I want to share these easy Oreo truffles!
Don’t miss these other tasty treats:
- Homemade Peanut Butter Balls
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- German Chocolate Cake Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oreo Cream Cheese Truffles- easy to make- even easier to eat!
How to make Oreo truffles?
- In a food processor pulse Oreos until they are fine.
- Add cream cheese and then pulse until fully combined
- Roll into balls and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Dip in melted candy melts.
Can I use regular Oreos or do I have to use double stuffed? Can I use other flavors for this Oreo Truffles Recipe?
Regular are fine- I just like the added creaminess double stuff adds. You can definitely use other flavors! Mint Oreo truffles are a delicious treat too!
What if I don’t have a food processor?
If you don’t have a food processor place oreos in a ziploc bag and crush them very fine, then place in a mixing bowl and mix with the cream cheese until fully combined.
Can Oreo Truffles be left out? Do Oreo truffles need to be refrigerated?
I recommend refrigerating/freezing truffles that aren’t eaten right away. The cream cheese in the truffles needs to be refrigerated.
How long do Oreo truffles keep and how do you store them?
Store truffles in an airtight Ziplock baggie or container. I recommend storing them in the freezer and they will keep for many weeks when frozen.
How do I get a nice drizzle?
I used a little squirt bottle and filled it with melted candy melts. Alternatively, you can snip the end off a plastic baggie and draw lines/designs with that.
You can use different flavored Oreos or different colored candy melts and sprinkles to make fun holiday themed Oreos Truffles!
Valentine’s Day Oreo Balls: Use pink and white candy melts with valentine sprinkles
St. Patrick’s Day Oreos Balls: Mint Oreos and Green Candy Melts, plus add in some gold sprinkles
Easter Oreo Balls: Pastel Colored Candy Melts and Sprinkles
Fourth of July Oreos Balls: Red, White and Blue Candy Melts and Sprinkles
Halloween Oreo Balls: Use Orange and Purple Candy Melts then add edible eyes to the truffles!
Thanksgiving Oreo Balls: Use a light brown Candy Melt then add some almonds as tail feathers, some edible eyes, and a candy corn for a nose!
Christmas Oreo Balls: Use red and green candy melts. Use white chocolate to add stripes to the red ones and make them look like candy canes!
I hope you enjoyed the easy Oreo balls recipe as much as I did! Have any other Oreo requests? Let me know in the comments below!
For more tasty desserts check out:
Oreo Truffles Recipe
- 1 package double stuffed Oreos 15.35 oz
- 8 oz package cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate candy melts
- 1 tbs of refined coconut oil or shortening only needed if candy melts are too thick
- White Candy Melts for dipping or decorating or any color
- Oreo Cookie Crumbs for decorating
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add Oreos to a food processor* and pulse until Oreos are a fine sandy texture. (1 package double stuffed Oreos)
- Add cream cheese and pulse until fully combined. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.* (8 oz cream cheese)
Scoop out ~1 tbs* of the Oreo cream cheese mixture, roll into a ball then place on parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze balls for at least 10-15 minutes- or until they are firm.
- Microwave candy melts according to package instructions*, adding a little coconut oil or shortening if it is too thick. (2 cups candy melts)
- Dip Oreo balls into the candy melts.
- Place back on parchment and allow candy melt to harden. If you are applying cookie crumbs or sprinkles add before the candy melts sets, if you are wanting to drizzle with a different color candy melt then wait until the candy melt sets then drizzle.*
- Keep any leftover Oreo truffles in an air tight container or baggie in the freezer. They will last for weeks (if you can keep from eating them for that long that is!)!
*If you don't have a food processor place oreos in a ziploc bag and crush them very fine, then place in a mixing bowl and mix with the cream cheese until fully combined.
* After combining the oreos and cream cheese I like to refrigerate the mixture for 10 minutes or so. This will allow it to firm up and makes it easier and less sticky when rolling it into balls.
*I like to use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough but you can scoop out less and make more truffles that are smaller.
* Candy Melt instructions are: microwave candy melts in a microwave safe bowl at 50% power in 30 second increments. Heat, stir, heat etc until almost all the candy is melted and smooth. Allow the candy melts to sit for 1 minute if there are little pieces that haven’t mixed in yet. If the candy melts are too thick add 1 tsp coconut oil or shortening, stir in, and repeat until you get your desired consistency.