These fun and easy snowball cupcakes are perfect for any Holiday Party!!
I wanted to come up with a super easy and yet festive cupcake for the holiday season. I mean not everyone has piping tips and decorating skills or simply the time to do all that!
That’s where these snowball cupcakes come into play!
How to make snowball cupcakes:
- Simply make a batch of cupcakes out of my easy white cake mix.
- Whip up 2 batches of my easy buttercream frosting.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out a rounded ball of frosting and then plop it on top of the cupcake.
- Finish with sprinkling on some powdered sugar or edible glitter and there you go!
The amount of frosting on these is pretty epic! That’s why I recommend making two batches of frosting since it takes quite a bit to make them look like snowballs!
These are just one way to make a festive holiday cupcake that isn’t crazy complicated and won’t break the bank in decorating add-ons.
Also- I love the look of using an ice cream scoop to plop a big beautiful mound of frosting on a cupcake. It just looks amazing!
Top that with some edible glitter (I love things that sparkle!) or some powdered sugar and you have yourself an easy holiday cupcake!
Even though it doesn’t snow much here in southern NM (I mean I still wear shorts in December…) I can at least have a little bit of snowball fun still!
I know what you are thinking- you used boxed cake mix- that’s not very exciting. However, I love to add extra things to the box cake mix so it tastes amazing!
How to make a box cake taste homemade?
Easy! Simply add in some heavy cream, an extra egg and some extra vanilla extract!
How many cupcakes does a box make?
This recipe will make 24 cupcakes.
How do I store the cupcakes?
Any leftover cupcakes store in an airtight container in the fridge. I have a few really large tupperware containers that hold cupcakes nicely. That’s what I use.
This is a perfect Christmas Cupcake!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my other fun Holiday food!
- 1 batch of my easy white cake made into cupcakes link to recipe in instructions
- 2 batches of easy buttercream recipe
- Peppermint Extract optional
- Powdered sugar or edible glitter* for topping
- Whip up my easy and delicious white cake mix but make it into cupcakes.
- To do that simply preheat oven to 325°F
- Mix up the cake batter with the few extra ingredients. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop a dollop of batter into a lined cupcake tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Mix up a batch of easy buttercream frosting. You can add in 1 tsp of peppermint extract for a peppermint flavor but it isn’t necessary.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out some frosting and then place the whole scooped amount on top of your cupcake.
- Dust with powdered sugar or edible glitter*