Who doesn’t like a good white cake recipe?! This white cake recipe is easy, delicious, and super moist! The cakes come out flat, fall easily from the pans, and taste delicious! What more could you ask for?!
Seriously the best white cake recipes!
I know what you are thinking- cake from a box? Well I used to agree, and still have many from scratch recipes on my blog (like my ultimate chocolate cake and my orange marmalade cupcakes!), but sometimes I like the time saved using a boxed cake mix can give. So I decided to add more ingredients to the boxed cake mix to make it taste AMAZING!
How to make this easy white cake recipe:
- Prep your cake rounds with butter and flour and preheat your oven to 325°F
- Combine all the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Add in the cake mix and stir until just combined (over mixing can cause your cake to not bake well)
- Divide batter between your cake rounds and bake for 25 minutes
- Let cool completely before frosting!
A moist white cake recipe? YES PLEASE!
How much cake does this recipe make? And how long do they take to bake?
- Three 6in cake rounds, bake 25 minutes or…
- Two 9in cake rounds, bake 25-30 minutes or…
- 24 cupcakes, bake 15 minutes
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my amazing yellow cupcakes, salted caramel cupcakes, and my homemade chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow frosting!
Best White Cake Recipe
- 1 box white cake mix I used Pillsbury brand
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbs vanilla
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prep your cake rounds by covering the inside of the pans with a light layer of butter and then dusting with flour. I like to use my fingers to make sure the butter gets in all seams.
- Mix together, either by hand or in a stand mixer, the oil, vanilla, sour cream, heavy cream and egg whites. Then mix in the boxed cake mix. Divide the batter between the 3 cake rounds.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Make sure to bake all the cakes on the same oven rack so they bake evenly.
- Let the cakes cool for 5 minutes then flip upside down onto a wire cooling rack and remove the pans. They should come out easily.
- Let the cakes cool completely before frosting.