Ginger juice is a tasty and healthy addition to your morning smoothie or tea! This ginger juice has lots of health benefits plus adds a nice flavor to you drinks!
PIN NOW AND SAVE FOR LATER!
How To Make Ginger Juice!
Making ginger juice is really easy. I first started making it because I heard of all the health benefits but then realized I really enjoyed the flavor it added to my tea.
Health benefits of ginger:
- Relieve nausea
- Is an anti-inflammatory
- Helps lower/regulate blood sugar
- Help indigestions
- Help lower bad cholesterol
- Helps brain function
- Help fight infections
It truly is an amazing food!
Making ginger juice is incredibly simple. The most time-consuming part is straining it- that’s it!
How to make Ginger Juice:
- Peel your ginger
- Add ginger to a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Add 1 ½ cups water to the blender or processor and process on medium high for 30-45 seconds.
- Strain the liquid through a mesh strainer.
- Dilute the ginger juice to the potency you want.
How to use ginger juice?
I like to freeze the juice in an ice cube tray then pop an ice cube or two into my tea or smoothies! You can also drink it straight- but I recommend diluting with extra water so it’s drinkable, otherwise it will be awfully strong!
You can also use it in soups, or stocks for an added flavor and health boost!
How to peel ginger?
You can use a potato peeler but I really like using a spoon. Hold the spoon facing away from you (so you see the back of it) and press the tip onto the ginger. Scrape the peel away with the tip of the spoon- it will come off really easily!
I promise this blog isn’t going to turn into a healthy blog- I still love my cake decorating, cookies, and brown sugar buttercream too much to give them up!
But I do enjoy exploring some of these interesting food items that turn out to be healthy.
If you are looking for more healthy recipes make sure to check out my homemade almond milk, kale chips, eggplant chips, mini dairy free cheesecakes, and my dairy free orange cream truffles.
Have you tried this ginger juice recipe yet? What do you like to use it in? Let me know in the comments below!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER & SIGN UP FOR MY EMAIL NEWSLETTER!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
How To Make Ginger Juice
- 1 medium size head of ginger
- 1 ½ cup water plus more for diluting
- Peel the ginger. I like to use the tip of a spoon to scrape the outside of the ginger off. It’s actually really easy! (1 medium ginger)
- Place peeled ginger in a high-powered blender or food processor (I love using my Breville processor or blender for this!)
- Add 1 ½ cups water and puree on high for 30-45 seconds. You want the ginger to be processed into tiny bits.
- Using a mesh strainer, strain the ginger juice to remove all the pulp. You can save this for baking into muffins or just toss it.
- Add about 8 cups to the ginger juice concentrate (add less if you want super concentrated, more if you want it diluted more).
- Store in the refrigerate for up to a month or freeze into ice cubes (my favorite way to use ginger juice!).
- Use in smoothies, soups, tea, or coffee!
I am an affiliate for Breville which means if you purchase any of their products using my links, I will earn a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Bridget G Buck
I want to put ginger into my kombucha. I have been buying way too expensive ginger juice and thought I should make it. I have found your perfect recipe, but how many ounces is a medium head of ginger. Every person I ask has a different response. So when you say medium head, would you please quantify that into ounces. Thank you so very much!! B
I'm so glad you like it! To me a medium head is about the size of your palm. So in the second picture you see two pieces of ginger. I used one of those for the recipe. Sorry it's not specific. Usually if you use too much or too little ginger you just adjust the amount of water to get the concentration you need.
I bought the breville blender....
It’s stains a horrible green how do I clean it?
If you put 4 cups hot water and a few drops of dish soap in the blender and then hit the clean cycle it will do a fairly decent job at cleaning. Otherwise, I recommend taking a NON-SCRATCH scouring pad and trying to get the color off that way. But maybe still try the non-scratch on a small part of the blender first just to make sure it won't scratch it.
But can the ginger juice take away my headache and also how many spoons can it be added to tea
Ginger has many health benefits but if you have lots of headaches definitely talk to your doctor. You can add as much or as little to your tea that you want. I'd start with a little and then add more if you want.
Thank you for your skills.
I'm pleased to ask you to help me learn how to make ginger juice and other juices I'm seeing here.
Yay so glad!