Eggplant Chips, a tasty twist on chips! Enjoy these eggplant chips next you are craving something salty and delicious!
You guys I LOVE chips! But sometimes I need something a little more on the healthy side. And if I can get veggies in while getting my crunchy salty fix- sign me up!
Plus I find I can eat the whole batch without feeling guilty- WIN!
How to make eggplant chips:
- Slice your eggplant into thin discs.
- Sprinkle the slices with salt to draw the water out and let sit for an hour.
- Pat dry and then brush each slice with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the spice mix.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes- checking every 10 minutes or so to make sure none burn.
How long do eggplant chips stay good?
I do find that leftovers don’t stay crispy, so that’s even more reason to enjoy the whole batch in one sitting!
How to make eggplant chips crispy?
Sprinkling the slices with salt and let the salt draw the water out of the eggplant is key!
This is seriously a simple recipe but does take a little time to wait. It’s a delicious alternative to other chips!
How to slice eggplant thin for chips?
I recommend using a mandolin or a food processor with the slice disc inserted. I definitely love using my Breville Food processor– seriously it does so much (like shred potatoes and zucchini, makes delicious salsa, and even cookies!)
Baked eggplant slices that are tasty and crispy are perfect!
Eggplants vary in size and you can always cut them to the correct shape and size you need for your chips.
So don’t worry too much if you have a huge one from your garden or a cucumber shaped one from the store. They will both taste delicious!
I used a large one I bought from the store- and it made lots of chips.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tbs salt or more if needed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Line two baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice eggplant into 1/8 inch slices. To get the eggplant sliced so thin I recommend using a mandolin or a food processor with the slicing blade on (I love my food processor!).
- Lay the slices out so they aren’t touching on the baking sheets. Sprinkle the slices with salt and let it sit for 1 hr. The salt will draw out water, allowing them to get crispy!
- After an hour, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using a paper towel, blot the eggplant dry. Brush both sides of each chip with olive oil.
- Mix together the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and paprika ( ¼ tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp cumin, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp paprika)
- Sprinkle one side of the chips with the spices and bake for at least 30 minutes, or until crispy.
- Check every 10 minutes to make sure none are burning and to pull out any that are done early.
I am an affiliate for Breville which means if you purchase any of their products using my links, I will earn a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thanks!