These creamy orange vegan truffles are a delicious treat that are dairy free, bursting with delicious orange flavor, and the perfect sweetness.
Seriously you wouldn’t know these vegan truffles are made with cashews! Easy and delicious!
So you guys know by now I like to experiment with ingredients and even though these “vegan truffles” are vegan, paleo, and dairy free- don’t let any of those titles scare you- these orange truffles they are straight up delicious.
I love keeping a bag of these cashew cream truffles in the freezer and pulling one out when I need a sweet fix.
I was amazed the first time I made these- how the cashew cream was soooo creamy. The first time I made them I used my food processor (my Breville food processor which I love!).
The second time I used my Breville Super Q blender and I never knew what creamy was until I used the high powered blender! The cashews were blended so smooth.
So yes you can use a food processor, but if you have a high powered blender I definitely recommend using that.
How to make vegan truffles?
- Soak your cashews overnight then drain and rinse.
- Add the cashews and remaining ingredients to your high powered blender and blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Freeze the mixture then form it into balls and refreeze.
- Dip the balls into melted chocolate, sprinkle with zest and enjoy!
- Although this is classified as dairy free candy- you would never guess it! Plus that orange flavor is so fresh and delicious!
Can I freeze truffles?
These I highly recommend freezing and it’s actually part of the recipe! I keep these in the freezer for a few months until I eat them all!
Vegan Truffles- Dairy Free Orange Truffles
- 2 cups cashews raw and unsalted, soaked overnight and rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange extract
- Zest from orange
- 2- 2.5 cups dark chocolate chips diary free if possible
- Soak cashews overnight in water. Then drain and rinse them. (2 cups cashews)
- Place rinsed cashews in a high powered blender* along with water, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and, orange extract. (2 cups soaked rinsed cashews, ½ cup water, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1/3 cup coconut oil, ¼ cup lemon juice, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp orange extract)
- Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Freeze cashew cream mixture for 3 hours. After freezing line a baking sheet or container with parchment paper (the baking sheet will go in the freezer so find something that will fit in the freezer!)
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out balls, shaping the truffles with your hands. This step can get messy as the cream melts. Also if the mixture has frozen solid you might need to let it thaw a few minutes before you can scoop it out.
- Place the truffles on the parchment lined baking sheet and place back in the freezer for another hour or until frozen.
- After they have been refrozen, and while they are still in the freezer, melt 1 cup of chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until fully melted.
- Line a second container or baking sheet with parchment paper. Zest your orange.
- Take one or two truffles out of the freezer at a time and dip them in the chocolate. Place on the newly lined baking sheet and sprinkle with orange zest. Repeat with the rest of the truffles, melting more chocolate when you need it.
- Let the chocolate harden.
- Any extra truffles store in a ziploc or air tight container in the freezer. 20 minutes before serving remove from freezer and let thaw.
I am an affiliate for Breville which means if you purchase any of their products using my links, I will earn a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thanks!