Holiday Popcorn, a delicious fun treat for a holiday party or dessert! Easy to make and extra tasty!
I love popcorn! It is the perfect snack always and I wanted to share an easy holiday popcorn treat with you.
More popcorn recipes:
How to make Christmas Popcorn
- Pop 2 bags of popcorn and remove any unpopped kernels
- Melt your white chocolate, red candy melts, and green candy melts all in their own microwave safe bowls
- Mix the melted white chocolate into the popcorn, stirring to get all the popcorn coated
- Place popcorn on a baking sheet then drizzle with red and green melted candy melts
- Sprinkle with your favorite holiday candies and sprinkles
- Allow the popcorn and melted chocolate to set up and then enjoy!
How to remove kernels from popcorn?
Place the popped corn on a cooling rack and let the kernels fall through. It's that easy!
How to get popcorn and chocolate to harden fast?
Simply refrigerate the popcorn after you are done adding all the candy, sprinkles, and candy melt drizzle for 5-10 minutes.
Where to get peppermint bark?
Adding peppermint bark to this Christmas Popcorn is so delicious. When I’ve made a batch of my own, I will chop a bit of it and add it to the popcorn, other times I will just grab some already made from the holiday candy aisle at my local grocery store!
In addition to being a delicious dessert, you can bag this popcorn up and give it away as an easy Christmas gift!
I have to say watching Christmas movies is definitely one of my favorite ways to get into the holiday spirit and relax.
Add some of this Christmas Popcorn and a Hot Cocoa Bomb- and you have a wonderful cozy evening.
I’ve grown up watching White Christmas every year and my husband always watches It’s a Wonderful Life. What are your favorite holiday movies to watch?
Let me know in the comments below!
For more tasty holiday desserts check out:
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 bags Popped Popcorn
- 11 oz bag White Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup red candy melts
- ½ cup green candy melts
- 4 Candy Canes crushed
- ½ bag of candy-coated chocolates red and green
- ½ cup Chopped up peppermint bark
- Sprinkles of choice
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pop your bags of popcorn and remove the unpopped kernels. See notes on how to easily do that. Place popcorn in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a microwave safe dish microwave your white chocolate. To do this place your microwave on 50% power, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until white chocolate chips are melted.
- Melt your red and green candy melts in separate microwave safe bowls the same way you melted the white chocolate chips.
- Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread the popcorn onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using a spoon or small spatula drizzle the red and green melted candy melts over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle popcorn with crushed candy candies, chopped peppermint bark, candy coated chocolates, and lots of sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until the popcorn has set completely.
- Store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
- How to remove unpopped kernels:
- Place a cooling rack on top of a large baking sheet. Pour half of a bag of popcorn onto the cooling racking and allow the unpopped kernels to fall through the cooling rack to the baking sheet. Remove popcorn and repeat with remain popcorn in bag.
This post was originally compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Post updated 11/29/2020
This looks like the perfect snack to watch during a Christmas movie!
Yes girl for sure!
My kids would love this! Cannot wait to give it a try.
Yay! It is so tasty!
Got to love popcorn, I have never had it with anything besides butter. This looks like fun and I need to try!
Yes it's my fave! Thanks!
This is such a fun and festive idea - I could happily snack on this anytime!
Thanks and me too!
Everything sounds delicious! I love the festive popcorn 🙂
Oh thank you!
This is so fun and festive! I love festive popcorn!
I have not previously posted this question. I want to make your buffalo popcorn . I looked at some of your other popcorn recipes but all are same. You say use 3 bags of popcorn but not which size??
What a great question! I use the 2.75 oz bags- for me they are the standard popcorn size bag (not a mini or low cal serving bag) but I realize that might not be standard where you are. Thank you for asking!