This chocolate drizzled popcorn is one of my absolute favorite snacks! It is so tasty and actually really pretty!
It is easy to make for a potluck or a picnic! I mean who wouldn’t love chocolate drizzled popcorn?!
Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn
Popcorn is one of my favorite things to eat ever! Ever since I was a kid I’ve been loving popcorn of all flavors (like my buffalo wing popcorn)!
Of course you can’t go wrong with butter and salt, but who says you can’t mix it up with fun flavors every now and then?
When I first tasted white chocolate covered popcorn I couldn’t believe how good it was. Okay, maybe I could- it is popcorn after all!
You get the sweet combo of white and milk chocolate along with a satisfying crunch from the popcorn. Oh yeah!
And this recipe is just the foundation for all types of amazing chocolate popcorn. I mean you could add a little salt, for some sweet and salty action, or add your favorite candy crushed up (m&m’s anyone?) or sprinkles! I love sprinkles!
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can add a little food coloring to the white chocolate and make it any color you want! Just mix a few drops in after you’ve melted the white chocolate and then add it to the popcorn.
Instant holiday popcorn! Add green for St. Patrick ’s Day, or red for Valentine’s Day. Endless possibilities!
This recipe is so easy you will wonder why you’ve never made it before.
How to make chocolate drizzled popcorn:
- Melt the chocolate
- Mix the white chocolate with the popcorn
- Then drizzle the milk chocolate over it.
- Refrigerate and then eat it up! Or try to stop eating it in my case!
It is seriously some of the best white chocolate drizzled popcorn ever!
How do you like to eat your popcorn? Are you as big a fan of it as me? Let me know in the comments below!
Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn
- 12 cups popped popcorn plain
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Pop your popcorn.* Place in a large bowl, making sure there aren’t any unpopped kernels mixed in with the popcorn.
- Melt the white chocolate and milk chocolate chips, separately in the microwave. To do this, simply place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Then stir the chocolate, heat for another 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat until chocolate is fully melted.*
- Add the white chocolate to the popcorn and stir until well combined.
- Spread the popcorn onto a parchment or wax lined baking sheet.
- Using a spoon or rubber spatula, drizzle the milk chocolate over the popcorn, making thin lines.
- Refrigerate popcorn on the baking sheet for ~20 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
*I used my hot air popcorn popper but you can use microwavable bagged popcorn as well. For the hot air popper, you will use about ½-3/4 cup kernels, and if you used bagged popcorn you will use 3-4 bags. *You can add food coloring to the white chocolate to make it perfect for any holiday! Just mix in a little coloring to the white chocolate before adding it to the popcorn!