This fun green jello is easy to make and great for any party! Especially those fireside gatherings you and your Hearthstone friends are going to!
This green jello recipe is inspired by the awesome Hearthstone card Carnivorous Cube! This great card is from the Kobolds and Catacombs Expansion!
If you don’t know what Hearthstone is- read all about it here! This recipe is part of my full Hearthstone Menu! Other tasty menu items include: Cone of Cold Ice Cream, Hot Sherazin Seed Dip (Spinach Artichoke Dip), Shadowdancer Sliders, Acidic Ooze Limeade, and Easy Innkeeper’s Bread!
This green jello is tasty and super fun!
I decided to go with two green jello flavors for this recipe. The color combination of Green Apple Jello and Lime Jello worked perfect to make it the color of the Carnivorous Cube! And just so you know the eyes are just sitting on the jello. They slide off pretty easily. I did find them in the cake decorating isle at my local craft store- so they are edible and safe for food.
How to make cubed green jello:
- Combine the gelatin powder with hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Add in the cold water and then pour into square dish/pan.
- Refrigerate for 5+ hours.
- Slide a knife around the edges and then flip the jello onto a cutting board.
- Then slice into cubes and add eyes!
Carnivorous Cube Green Jello!
Green Jello Flavors are Lime
and Green Apple Combined!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my full Hearthstone Menu! You can find other great dishes like Card Pack Cakes, Dragon Fire Potion, and Stuffed Evolving Spores!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST & TWITTER!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Carnivorous Cube Jello - Green Jello
- 1 box 2.79 oz Jolly Rancher Green Apple Gelatin
- 1 box 6 oz Lime Gelatin
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 cups cold
- 1 8 x8 Square pan*
- Candy Eyes* optional
- In a large bowl add both packets of gelatin mixture and 3 cups of hot water.
- Stir for several minutes until all the gelatin powder is dissolved.
- Stir in all the cold water.
- Pour in to square dish, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- After the gelatin has set up (after 5+ hours) remove from the fridge and run a thin spatula or butter knife along the edge of the dish, separating the jello from sides.
- Place a large cutting board over the jello dish and then carefully flip the entire thing over, allowing the jello to come out of the pan.
- Slice into cubes, add the eyes and enjoy!
- If you are making these for a party you can make the jello and cut the cubes out ahead of time but don't place the eyes on until you are ready to serve. The candy eyes will dissolve over time but they have proved to be the slowest dissolving eye I could come up with (as opposed to using frosting or an edible gel for an eye).
Hearthstone Card Image from Gamepedia
©2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Hearthstone is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
Thank you Hearthstone for the some of the fun items given to me for my pictures!
Cassandra l Smith
How did you keep your eyes from melting to liquid? Mine looked perfect but when I went to fridge in the morning the eyes had turned to liquid..... so I think it's important to tell people you cant add the eyes in advance to a party... you have to wait until you are on your way out the door to your function and even then, you might get embarrassed if they dont all get eaten and a few hours later people see the eyes have melted .... so I used a tablespoon and carefully removed the liquid mess and salvaged the jello. I then cut mini marshmallows in half and used those with icing as the pupil... well the icing ran so not good. Then I used decorating pen black as the pupil on the marshmallow and finally have success . For 12 hours so far... now they are getting soggy.. I dont think they will make it till party on Sunday its Tuesday now.... so this works and will last for at least 12 hours..... then I tried cool whip after all we have put it on jello forever. So it works but eye pupil runs. So put marshmallow I cut on top of a layer of the coolwip eye I made it will keep it off the liquid that sweats from jello... still nothing will last for 4 days on they jello so just wait until your party day to put on the eyes it only takes a moment... xxxooo... good luck
I never considered making these that far in advance. The eyes were the best option for me since I knew other things like whipped cream, frosting, or gel, would dissolve and be runny really fast. Obviously you can make the jello ahead of time but I wouldn't place the eyes on until the party is about to start- sorry you found that out the hard way! I'll make a note of it in the recipe.