Fruit Loop Marshmallow Treat, a colorful and easy cereal bar that everyone will love!
These Fruit Loop Marshmallow Treats are so fun and delicious! You need to make them ASAP!
Fruit Loop Marshmallow Treat
I remember eating so much fruit loop cereal as a kid- and even love to have a bowl every now and then now! Plus who doesn’t love Tucan Sam in the commercial.
Now I love to make cereal bars of all my favorite cereals! No more mushy milk sodden cereal- hello delicious gooey marshmallow treat!
How to make Fruit Loop Marshmallow Bars:
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat
- Add in marshmallows and stir until fully melted
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal (make sure to stir really well!)
- Press into a prepared baking dish and let cool
- Cut and enjoy!
Why did my cereal bars turn out brittle?
This typically happens if you melt the marshmallows to fast over too high of heat. (I’ve done this too many times so I know!)
For the best gooey marshmallow cereal bars, be patient and melt everything over low heat.
If I’m making these as a gift I like to buy the tall clear goodie bags and place 2-3 cereal bars in there.
These Fruit Loop Marshmallow will take you right back to being a kid! Go make some today and let me know how you like them!
Fruit Loop Marshmallow Treats
- 3 Tbs butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 cups Fruit Loops
- Non-stick cooking spray for the pan
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray a 9x13 baking dish- set aside.
In a medium pan over medium low heat melt butter. (3 tbs butter)
- Add in marshmallows. Stir until fully melted. (10 oz marshmallows)
- Once fully melted, remove from heat and stir in the Fruit Loops. Make sure to stir the marshmallows and cereal together really well or else you will get a marshmallow layer on the bottom of the pan and it’s not and tasty as you might think. (6 cups)
- Press the cereal into prepared 9x13 baking dish. Use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to firmly pack the cereal into the pan.
- Let the fruit loop cereal treat cool completely and then cut into 18 squares.