Trix Cereal bars are everything you need to remind you of your kid self! These tasty trix cereal bars are easy to make and perfect for the kid inside all of us!
Trix Cereal Bar
I love cereal bars recipes! So far I’ve shared my Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars, and my Winter Lucky Charms Bars and now I bring you these fruity favorites!
Growing up I loved Trix cereal and now a days I just don’t get around to eating cereal for breakfast so I miss out on all my favorites. However, every now and then I’ll whip up a batch of these and satisfy my need for a tasty treat!
These colorful cereal bars are so good and so easy to make!
How to make Trix Cereal Bars:
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat
- Add in marshmallows and stir until fully melted
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal
- Press into a prepared baking dish and let cool
- Cut and enjoy!
Why did my cereal bars turn out brittle?
This typically happens if you melt the marshmallows to fast over too high of heat. (I’ve done this too many times so I know!)
For the best gooey marshmallow cereal bars, be patient and melt everything over low heat.
If I’m making these as a gift I like to buy the tall clear goodie bags and place 2-3 cereal bars in there.
These Trix treats are so colorful and fun to make!
Whip them up the next time you need something delicious to snack on!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my cereal bars and rice crispy treats like my kaboom bot rice crispy treats, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bars, Winter Luck Charms Bars, and you may even like these popcorn balls!
Trix Cereal Bars
- 6 Tbs butter
- 16 oz marshmallows
- 1 box Trix Cereal 10.7 oz
- Non-stick cooking spray for the pan
How to make cereal bars:
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray a 9x13 baking dish- set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium low heat melt butter. (6tbs butter)
- Add in marshmallows. Stir until fully melted. (16 oz marshmallows)
- Once fully melted, remove from heat and stir in the Trix Cereal. (1 box cereal)
- Press the cereal into prepared 9x13 baking dish. Use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to firmly pack the cereal into the pan.
- Let the trix cereal treat cool completely and then cut into 12-16 squares.