Zucchini Hash Browns are the perfect way to get some veggies in while still enjoying a favorite breakfast treat! These zucchini hash browns are so tasty you won’t even know there is zucchini in them!
Zucchini Hash Browns
I’ve been trying to find ways to get more veggies in. Last week I shared my super delicious green smoothie packed full of spinach and this week I am sharing one of my favorite breakfast treats, Zucchini Hash Browns!
The great thing about zucchini is that it takes on the flavor of what ever you cook it with. In this case you taste all the potato goodness with the extra benefit of eating some veggies!
Take me to the recipe for Zucchini Hash Browns already!
Thank you so much for wanting to get straight to my recipe!
If you don’t want to read my super helpful tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious Zucchini Hash Browns – you can simply scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Enjoy!
How do you make Zucchini Hash Browns?
- Shred your zucchini and potatoes
- Heat up some oil in a fry pan
- Fry your shredded potato/zucchini mixture
How to shred potatoes for hash browns?
You have two options: The first is to use a cheese grater and shred them by hand. It’s doable, but takes some time and some work. The second and more preferable option is to use a food processor with the cheese grater attachment and allow it to do all the work for you.
I love my Breville Food Processor because it is a work horse! I use it to shred cheese, zucchini, potatoes- you name it and it can shred it! It also comes in handy when I want to make nut butters, salsas, and even sugar cookies!
It’s been one of the best kitchen investments ever!
Healthy Hash Browns are easy and delicious!
I’ve grown up with a love for hash browns. My dad would always make the best hash browns for weekend breakfasts.
They are the perfect breakfast side dish or go well in a breakfast burrito!
But I needed to find a way to combine my love for them with my need to eat more veggies!
Thus this potato and zucchini recipe was created! And it is delicious! Hope you like it too!
Zucchini Hash Browns
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 potato
- 1/4 cup cup Olive Oil for each pan full of hash browns being fried
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Wash your zucchinis and remove the ends. Using a cheese grater or your food processor with the grating blade (this is what I use and it makes life so easy), shred your zucchini.
- Rinse and shred your potatoes.
- Combine shredded zucchini and potatoes.
- In a large fry pan heat ¼ olive oil over medium high heat. Once hot add a quarter of the shredded zucchini/potato mixture.
- Spread the mixture into an even layer and allow to brown, flipping ever few minutes until all the sides are browned to your liking. If you flip/stir too much the zucchini will become mushy and not fry up very well.
- Place hash browns on a paper towel lined plate to soak up extra oil. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder or any other seasoning you desire.
- I like to fry this up as I need it. I keep the uncooked shredded zucchini/potato mixture in a zip loc baggie in my refrigerator up to 5 days- making sure to cook it up/eat within that time period.
I am an affiliate for Breville which means if you purchase any of their products using my links, I will earn a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thanks!