These easy chocolate cookies are soft, chewy and simply the best! Roll them in sprinkles, add some M&Ms and you have a Valentine’s cookie that you won’t be able to stop eating!
Easy Chocolate Cookies
You all know I love cookies- no surprise! But these are the most delicious and dangerous cookies I have ever made.
They are a trifecta of deliciousness.
Chocolate. M&Ms. Sprinkles. (and they are chewy- soooo good!)
Why are they dangerous? Because I make them and I want to eat ALL. OF. THEM. So, I take a few, then quickly package them up to share with friends or my husband’s coworkers.
Other cookies that I am currently loving:
- S’mores Cookies (both stuffed and non-stuffed!)
- Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
I just can’t express how much I love these M&M cookies. But enough already let’s make them!
How to make easy chocolate cookies for Valentine’s Day:
- Heat your oven and line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper
- Whip up your butter and then cream with the sugar
- Add in eggs and espresso powder then the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda
- Mix in the M&Ms
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls then roll sprinkles.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until just done.
What kind of sprinkles do I use?
I buy a variety of sprinkles (usually from Walmart) and then go to town mixing them.
Are these good without sprinkles?
Absolutely. I just love sprinkles and wanted to make these for a Valentine’s treat so I used pink and red sprinkles. Just as Chocolate M&M cookies they are quite tasty.
How to store cookies:
Once cooled store in an air tight container for up to a week- but I bet you they will be eaten way before that!
Can I freeze the dough?
Yep! Scoop your dough, form into balls, roll in the sprinkles then place in a freezer zip lock baggie and freeze until ready to use- freeze for up to 2 months!
When ready to bake, preheat oven, take your cookie dough from the freezer place on a baking sheet and bake! No need to thaw. The cookies will most likely need a minute or two extra while baking.
There you have it- the best darn easy chocolate cookie that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day!
As a side note- are you a fan of sprinkles? I feel like people either love or hate them. I love them- my husband not so much.
Do you have any Valentine’s Day traditions? Let me know in the comments below!
For more tasty desserts check out:
- Dark Chocolate Valentines Cupcakes
- S’mores Brownies
- Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn
- Chocolate Dipped Hi-Hat Cupcakes
Chocolate M&M Valentines Cookies- Easy Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter cold*
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp espresso powder optional
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Cups Candy Coated Chocolates I used Pink and Red M&Ms
- Valentines Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on high until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and mix until full combined. You may need to scrap down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add in the vanilla, eggs, and espresso powder, if using, and mix until combined. Mixture will look really wet.
- Turn the mixture to low and add in the flour ½ cup at a time then add the cocoa powder.
- Turn the mixer up to medium speed and add in the baking powder and salt. Make sure to scrape the sides and bottoms.
- Mix in the M&Ms
- Scoop the cookie dough and form into 1-inch balls. Roll in sprinkles then place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
*I like to cube my butter so it’s easier/faster for the mixer to whip up.