These brownie bites are super fun to bring to a gathering or for a fun dinner party! They are an easy dessert that comes together in no time.
What I love about this recipe is that you can make them using a box of store bought brownie mix or you can whip up some of my favorite homemade brownies! Just make sure to bake the brownies in a shallow baking sheet pan. This will allow the brownies to bake thin and are easily stackable after being cut out with a cookie cutter. Or you could not stack them and feed a huge crowd!
I decided to make these yummy brownies for St. Patrick’s Day, so I added Andes mint pieces to the brownie batter and topped them with some fun green buttercream frosting.
To make the buttercream frosting, start by creaming the butter for several minutes. You can also use half butter and half shortening if that’s what you have on hand. Once that is nice and creamed add in your vanilla. Then add in your powdered sugar one cup at a time. When you start adding in the third or fourth cup it might not mix fully in. That’s okay. After adding in your powdered sugar, add in your milk one tablespoon at a time until the buttercream is at your desired thickness.
I added some green food coloring to my frosting since I was making these for St. Patrick’s Day, but you can leave it white or make the frosting any color you want!
After you are done making the frosting, use it to decorate your brownie bites! I used a piping bag and tip to frost mine, but just spreading it on works too!
Do you love brownies as much as me?! These are so tasty and I love that they are bite sized! What is your favorite type of brownie? Let me know in a comment below!
Brownie Bites with Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 batch of my homemade brownies*
- 1 cup chocolate mint candies optional
- 1 cup butter softened*
- 1 ½ tsps. vanilla or almond extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tbs milk
- Food coloring optional
- Make brownies, baking them in a large shallow baking sheet. Let them cool for several hours or overnight.
Butter Cream Frosting
- Using a stand mixer cream the butter for a few minutes. If using butter and shortening cream them together.
- Add in extract and mix until combined.
- Add in powdered sugar one cup at a time. Let each cup mix in as much as possible before adding the next cup.
- Add in the milk, one tablespoon at a time until the frosting is at your desired consistency. I used 5 tablespoons total.
- Add in food coloring, if using, and mix until fully blended.
To assemble brownie bites
- Using a small round or oval cookie cutter, cut out brownie bites from the cooled brownies.
- Since the brownies are thin, stack them two high. If they won’t stick together on their own, put a tiny amount of frosting in between them to hold the brownies together.
- Pipe on your frosting