Sheet Pan Brownies are a fun and delicious way to make brownies! This sheet pan brownie recipe calls for added tasty mint candies- but they don't even need them they are that good!
PIN NOW AND SAVE FOR LATER!
Sheet Pan Brownies
I know I've shared my homemade brownies before, but I wanted to change things up and make delicious mint brownies in a sheet pan! I love these gooey thin brownies!
Homemade brownies are delicious! You can add any type of extra chocolate pieces, like mint candy or chocolate chips, or leave them out all together.
How to make sheet pan brownies:
- Preheat oven and spray a large baking sheet (13x18) with cooking spray
- Melt the baking chocolate and butter together
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, and chocolate/butter mixture together
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla
- Stir in the flour mixture
- Add in the mint pieces and stir until well combined
- Pour into prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes- or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely
Why do I have to let the brownies cool completely?
Letting the sheet pan brownies cool completely helps them keep from falling apart. However, I love a warm brownie and I don't care if it's gooey and falls apart- so I have also not waited until they were cool! If you are cutting shapes out of the brownies (like I did for my brownie bites) I recommend letting them cool completely.
What if I don't have 4 oz of unsweetened chocolate? Can I use cocoa powder?
If you don't have baking chocolate simply substitute 3 tbs cocoa powder and 1 tbs butter (or coconut oil) for every ounce of baking chocolate you need. So for this recipe you would need 12 tablespoons of cocoa powered ( ¾ cup) and 3 tbs butter.
Can I make these with out using dairy?
Yep! Just use coconut oil instead of butter and the cocoa powder/coconut oil substitute for baking chocolate in the question above!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out these other tasty dessert:
- Easy Chocolate Cake Pops
- Dairy Free Ice Cream
- Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Marshmallow Frosting
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER & SIGN UP FOR MY EMAIL NEWSLETTER!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Sheet Pan Brownies
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate broken into pieces
- ¾ cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup all purpose
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate mint candy* pieces chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spray a large baking sheet or 13x18 baking sheet with edges with nonstick cooking spray (or line with parchment paper).
- Over medium heat in a medium sized saucepan, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate. You want the mixture to melt completely and become smooth. ( You can also use a microwave- just heat for 30seconds, stir, repeat until melted and smooth)
- While butter mixture is cooling, in a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachments, whisk together the butter mixture (it’s okay if it’s still warand the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, letting each egg become fully incorporated into the batter before adding the next Once the eggs are all added, mix in the vanilla.
- By hand, with a large rubber spatula or mixing spoon, fold in the flour Folding in the flour will help the brownie batter keep the air in it.
- Fold in candy pieces.
- Pour into baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. If using a 9x13 you will cook them for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes.*
Leave a Reply