Winter Cereal Bars with chocolate lucky charms are an easy way to bring holiday fun to any get together!
I mean chocolate luck charms plus gooey marshmallow- what's not to love?!
These winter chocolate lucky charms are so delicious and fun- perfect for a homemade cereal bar!
You all know I love any type of rice crispy treat! I always have so much fun being creative with them! (Check out my Rice Crispy Kaboom Bots and my Frankenstein Krispie Treats!) So, I thought I'd branch out into other fun cereals!
As I was in the cereal isle, I spotted these winter themed Chocolate Lucky Charms and just had to make them into cereal bars!
They are so good and so easy to make! I also picked up some treat bags which are perfect for these bars! They make the cutest gifts to give away!
I doubled the recipe of a normal batch of rice crispy treats because I wanted to make super thick bars- and I am so glad I did! They turned out nice and big!
I also used a rectangular baking pan that had straight sides so I could get the perfect bars- but a normal baking dish (one that has sloped sides) will also work!
How to make Chocolate Lucky Charms Cereal Bars:
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat
- Add in marshmallows and stir until fully melted
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal
- Press into a prepared baking dish and press sprinkles on
- Let cool
- Cut and enjoy!
Why did my Lucky Charms Bars turn out brittle?
This typically happens if you melt the marshmallows to fast over too high of heat. (I’ve done this too many times so I know!)
For the best gooey marshmallow cereal bars, be patient and melt everything over low heat.
How long will my Lucky Charms Treats last?
If stored in an airtight container or baggie, they can be kept in the freezer for several weeks, otherwise try to eat them up within a few days (not like that will be hard!).
I'm thinking these will become a tradition around here and I'll look forward to these special Chocolate Lucky Charms coming out every winter! Do you have any seasonal foods you love to make? Let me know in a comment below!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my other holiday recipes like my 7 Delicious Pies (including French Silk and Chocolate Pumpkin Pie!), Sugared Cranberries, and my Cranberry Vanilla Coke-tail!
Winter Cereal Bars - Chocolate Lucky Charms
- 6 Tbs butter
- 20 oz marshmallows
- 12 cups Chocolate Winter Lucky Charms
- Sprinkles optional
- Non-stick cooking spray for the pan
How to make cereal bars:
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray a 9x13 baking dish- set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium low heat melt butter.
- Add in marshmallows. Stir until fully melted.
- Once fully melted, remove from heat and stir in the Lucky Charms.
- Press the Lucky Charms into prepared 9x13 baking dish. Use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to firmly pack the lucky charms into the pan and then press srinkles on if using.
- Let cool.
- Let the lucky charms cool completely and then cut into 15-20 squares.