Oreo Ice Cream Bars, an easy homemade treat that only takes 4 ingredients. Perfect for those days you just want a tasty Oreo treat!
Oreo ice cream bars are one of my new favorite treats. Marshmallow and Oreos combine to make a delicious cookies and cream bar that will have you wanting to eat them all!
These bars are no bake and great for when you want lots of cookies and cream flavor!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my other Bars!
How to make Oreo Cookie Bars:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan
- Stir in marshmallow and allow to melt- then remove from heat
- Once melted add in crushed Oreos
- Place entire mixture in a greased 9x13 dish, allow to cool and enjoy!
How to make Oreo Ice Cream Bars:
- Make Oreo mixture as normal, but spread into a greased, large, rimmed, baking sheet.
- Allow to set up/cool.
- Cut in half, placing one half in the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Spread out softened ice cream, then place second half of Oreo bar on top.
- Freeze until hard
- Remove from baking dish and cut into individual ice cream bars
How to store bars:
Place cut bars in an air tight bag or container up to a week.
How to store ice cream sandwiches:
After cutting the Oreo ice cream bars, I like to place each bar on a parchment lined baking sheet and do a quick refreeze, then place them in a gallon Ziploc baggie for easy snacking! Keeps for a few months in the freezer!
What if I want less marshmallow and more Oreo in these bars?
Easy! Simply decrease the amount of marshmallows to 6 cups. I also recommend crushing your Oreos much finer.
This will result in a darker/black bar.
I chose to go the more marshmallow route so I could achieve a cookies and cream look, plus I love the gooey marshmallow texture. Either way is a win!
Are you a huge Oreo fan like me and my family? Want to see more Oreo recipes? Let me know in the comments below!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out these treats:
- Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Red Velvet Cookies
- German Chocolate Cake
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies
Oreo Ice Cream Bars
- 2 Regular Sized Packages Double Stuffed Oreos 15.35 oz, ~60 Oreos total
- 16 oz mini marshmallows ~9 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup butter
- ½ gallon cookies and cream ice cream
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet (17x11) with non-stick cooking spray- set aside.
- Place Oreos in a plastic bag and crush into pieces.2 Regular Sized Packages Double Stuffed Oreos
- In a large sauce pan over medium-low heat melt butter.½ cup butter
- Add in marshmallows. Stir until fully melted.16 oz mini marshmallows
- Remove from heat and stir in the crushed Oreos.
- Press the Oreo mixture into prepared baking dish make sure to spread out the mixture to fill the dish. You want this layer to be well packed and thin.
- Cover baking sheet with cling wrap and if you have a second baking sheet place it on top of the Oreo mixture and weigh down with something heavy. Allow to cool completely.
- Once the Oreo mixture is set, cut in half. Line a 9x13 dish with cling wrap then place an entire half of the Oreo mixture in the lined dish.
- Allow ice cream to soften slightly then spread over the Oreo layer in the dish. Place the second half of the Oreo layer on top, cover with more cling wrap and place back in the freezer until ice cream is solid again.½ gallon cookies and cream ice cream
- Once frozen, remove entire Oreo bar/ice cream block from dish (turning the dish upside down helps to get it out along with the cling wrap) and cut into pieces.
Tips and Tricks
- *After cutting the ice cream bars, I like to place each bar on a parchment lined baking sheet and do a quick refreeze, then place them in a gallon Ziploc baggie for easy snacking!
- *Nutritional info is calculated for just the bars with vanilla ice cream not cookies and cream