These easy homemade meatballs come together in no time! They are a quick and delicious dinner that gets even better dipped in the honey mustard sauce! So good!
I started making these healthy meatballs about a year and a half ago when my husband and I were living out of a little hotel in the DC area. We were there for his work and I was so blessed to be able to go with him. Anyways, we had a tiny oven and stove and a decent sized fridge, so I was able to do a lot of cooking!
I was trying to eat less bread/gluten, and I just knew I could make some easy meatballs that were super yummy and ones where we wouldn’t miss the bread crumbs. Well, here they are!
Even though we are back home in NM now, I still whip these up every now and then! They are so good and so easy! It would be silly not to include these in our weekly dinners!
How to make meatballs:
- Combine all the dry seasonings and then add them to the raw hamburger.
- I like to use 2 eggs mixed into the hamburger to act as a binding agent. It works so well I even use it when I make my ultimate cheeseburgers and sliders!
- Add in the liquid seasonings and then roll them into balls!
- Cook them up and you are good to go!
Homemade Meatballs are easy to make and these are gluten free!
Now onto the dipping sauce! It’s so complicated- ok here we go…deep breath…
How to make Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- Mix honey and mustard together…. The End.
Okay so maybe not complicated at all… but it tastes like it is! Give these meatballs a try and let me know how you like them in a comment below!
Best Homemade Meatballs with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1.5 lbs hamburger meat
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs chopped onion dried or fresh
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tbs liquid smoke
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ½ c honey
- ¼ c mustard*
- In a small bowl, combine all the dry seasonings.
- In a medium bowl, add the raw hamburger, eggs, dry seasoning mix, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire sauce and mix thoroughly. Roll into ~2” balls.
- In a large skillet or fry pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Once oil is hot, place each meatball in the skillet. Turn each meatball every minute or so to brown all sides. After the meatballs look done, cut one open and make sure it is cooked through. If not, go ahead and turn down the heat on the stove top and cover pan with a lid. Let the meatballs cook for several more minutes, checking for doneness.
- Once done, dip in sauce of choice (I recommend the honey mustard sauce!) and enjoy!
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- In a small bowl stir together honey and mustard.