Learning how to bake turkey bacon is an easy and delicious time saver when you are cooking up breakfast!
I’ve shared how to bake pork bacon before but baking turkey bacon is a little different and I wanted to share how I make tasty baked turkey bacon every time!
What is turkey bacon?
Turkey bacon is a mixture of light and dark turkey meat that is pressed into bacon like strips.
Why bake Turkey Bacon?
I love to have the turkey bacon in the oven while I am making the rest of breakfast- whether it’s french toast, cranberry orange muffins, or breakfast burritos- it’s nice to have the bacon cooking and out of the way.
How to bake turkey bacon?
- Preheat oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place turkey bacon on prepared baking sheet making sure the pieces don’t overlap.
- Bake bacon until it is starting to brown, flip, and continue to bake.
- Bacon is done when there are brown spots on both sides.
Turkey Bacon Tips
- The amount of time the bacon needs to be cooked will depend on how thick the pieces are.
- The turkey bacon is typically not too crispy when you remove it from the oven- this is just due to the nature of it being turkey and not pork. Allow the turkey bacon to cool slightly and you will get a firmer/less floppy piece of bacon.
- Over cooking the turkey bacon just makes it really chewy and can taste burned. It doesn’t make it crunchy.
- Store leftover turkey bacon in the fridge for up to a week
Common Turkey Bacon Questions
Which brand of turkey bacon is the best?
I tried 3 different brands of turkey bacon when testing for this recipe. Here are my thoughts:
- Albertson’s Signature Select, Uncured Turkey Bacon: Thick and tasty, but stayed more chewy and less crispy after baking.
2. Butterball Turkey Bacon: Thinnest of the 3, crisped up nicely but had to watch carefully so it didn’t burn.
3. Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon: Stay firm and slightly crisp, thin and yet felt like a good slice of bacon.
In conclusion they were all delicious but would choose depending on what I was eating with it.
How long should turkey bacon be cooked?
This depends on the thickness of the bacon but typically 15 minutes on each side.
Does Turkey Bacon get crispy?
Yes, but you have to bake it for long enough. If the turkey bacon is really thick it might help to bake and then let it cool slightly so they bacon firms up a bit.
Watch how to make this recipe!
How to bake turkey bacon?
- 6 oz Turkey Bacon
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place turkey bacon on parchment paper so that each piece isn’t overlapping any other.6 oz Turkey Bacon
- Bake turkey bacon for 10 minutes, then flip each piece and bake for another 5-10 minutes.*
- Once the bacon as some browning remove from oven and enjoy.
- * The amount of time the bacon needs to be cooked will depend on how thick the pieces are.
- * The turkey bacon is typically not too crispy when you remove it from the oven- this just due to the nature of it being turkey and not pork with all the fat. Allow the turkey bacon to cool slightly and you will get a firmer/less floppy piece of bacon.
- * Over cooking the turkey bacon just makes it really chewy and can taste burned. It doesn’t make it crunchy.