Cocoa Puffs Cereal Bars, a fun, chocolaty breakfast cereal bar everyone will enjoy! Easy to make, with gooey delicious marshmallow, these Cocoa Puffs Cereal Bars are your next favorite treat!
Cocoa Puffs Cereal Bars
Alright, I hope by now you guys know how much I love rice crispy treats and their cereal bar counter parts.
Other delicious marshmallow cereal bars:
You could say I’m a little obsessed! These cereal bars are easy to make, a fun treat, and delicious!
I thought I’d whip up some using coco puffs cereal to see how I liked them- and they are definitely a winner in my book!
Remember eating cocoa puffs cereal as a kind and getting excited about the chocolate milk it would leave behind?
Nowadays, I prefer these cocoa puff cereal bars over eating the cereal as actually cereal- maybe it’s the gooey marshmallow or the fact that the cereal doesn’t get soggy. Either way these are delicious!
How to make cocoa puff cereal bars?
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat
- Add in marshmallows and stir until fully melted
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal (make sure to stir really well!)
- Press into a prepared baking dish and let cool
- Cut and enjoy!
Why did my cereal bars turn out brittle?
This typically happens if you melt the marshmallows to fast over too high of heat. (I’ve done this too many times so I know!)
For the best gooey marshmallow cereal bars, be patient and melt everything over low heat.
If I’m making these as a gift I like to buy the tall clear goodie bags and place 2-3 cereal bars in there.
Cocoa Puffs Cereal Bars
- 3 tbsp butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 cups Cocoa Puffs
- Non-stick cooking spray for baking dish
How to make cereal bars:
Spray with nonstick cooking spray a 9x13* baking dish- set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium low heat melt butter. (3 tbs butter)
- Add in marshmallows. Stir until fully melted. (10 oz marshmallows)
- Once fully melted, remove from heat and stir in the Cocoa Puffs. Make sure to stir the marshmallows and cereal together really well or else you will get a marshmallow layer on the bottom of the pan and it’s not and tasty as you might think. (6 cups)
- Press the cereal into prepared 9x13 baking dish. Use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to firmly pack the cereal into the pan.
- Let the cocoa puff cereal treat cool completely and then cut into 18 squares.
*You can also uses a square pan like I did in the picture- this will make thicker cereal bars, but you might not get 18 squares from it.