This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JustLikeHomeInspiredRecipes #EatJustLikeHome
Shakshuka with Feta, a tasty and easy meal full of flavor and is ready in less than 20 minutes! With delicious pasta sauce, perfectly cooked eggs, topped with feta- you won’t be able to stop eating this!
This is one of my favorite easy and flavorful meals that I can’t get enough of. Shakshuka with feta is so easy to make and so versatile.
For this recipe I use Just Like Home Kitchen Recipes® NY Lip-Smackin’ Garlic pasta sauce. All of Just Like Home Kitchen Recipes’ Pasta Sauces add so much depth of flavor to any dish you use them in.
I knew using the NY Lip-Smackin’ Garlic pasta sauce would be perfect for this recipe- you get so much flavor all in the convenience of a jar plus it’s plant based which is super awesome.
Just Like Home Kitchen Recipes Pasta Sauces are real recipes from real everyday people who make a difference in their communities. The sauces are all natural and exceptionally delicious.
I picked my pasta sauce up from Sprouts but they are also available at other retailers and online too! Check here where to pick up your jar!
Oh, and want to know something that makes this pasta sauce even better? Twenty-five cents from every jar sold is donated to local homeless shelters throughout the U.S.
What a great product and company! Now let’s talk about this tasty meal you have to try!
What is shakshuka?
Shakshuka is a one pan dish of poached eggs in a flavorful tomato sauce. You can add different veggies like brussel sprouts, or peppers, along with varying spices to fit your desired preferences.
Traditional vs Non-Traditional Shakshuka
Traditional Shakshuka is made with roasted tomatoes and doesn’t include cheese. As delicious as that is I love to use a tasty pasta sauce like NY-Lip Smackin’ Garlic for its extra flavor, and then top the dish with feta for a delicious contrast.
With only a handful of ingredients you can make this delicious dish!
- Onion, Yellow or White
- Red Bell Pepper
- NY Lip-Smackin’ Garlic Pasta Sauce
How to make shakshuka with feta?
- In a large skillet heat oil then sauté your onions and bell pepper.
- Add garlic and spices and mix well.
- Pour in the pasta sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering crack eggs into the pan. It might help to make little wells in the sauce for the eggs to sit in.
- Cover dish and cook until eggs are done to your liking.
- Sprinkle with feta and chopped parsley and enjoy!
I just can’t get over how delicious this is. It is so flavorful, filling, and is one of those meals that leaves you feeling satisfied.
I love one pan dishes, this recipe and my sweet potato breakfast skillet are some of my favorite go-to's for my family!
What do you eat with Shakshuka?
Shakshuka is traditionally eaten with hot sauce and a warm bread like pita, naan, or challa. I like to toast pieces of sourdough or french bread to dip into it.
Is Shakshuka a breakfast food?
Here in the states many people enjoy this meal for dinner, however in many places in the Middle East it is eaten at breakfast.
What country is Shakshuka from?
Shakshuka is traditionally from Northern Africa but has made its way to the Middle East. It’s quite a popular dish with many different varieties in many places.
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Shakshuka with Feta
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 medium onion diced- white or yellow
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 jar NY Lip-Smackin Garlic pasta sauce 25 ounces
- 6 large eggs
- 3 ounces feta
- Parsley to garnish
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Once hot add onion and bell pepper. Stir and cook until onions are soft and translucent- about 3-5 minutes.1 tbs oil, 1 medium onion, 1 red bell pepper
- Add garlic, paprika, and cumin, stir and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, everything should be mixed together well.3 garlic cloves, 2 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pour the pasta sauce into the pan, stir ,and bring to a simmer.1 jar NY Lip-Smackin Garlic pasta sauce
- Once simmering, gently crack eggs over the sauce and cover the pan with a lid. Cook until eggs are done to your liking, 5-12* minutes. Just make sure the egg whites are cooked through before consuming.6 large eggs
- Garnish with feta and chopped parsley.3 ounces feta, Parsley to garnish
- The eggs will take shorter or longer to cook depending on several factors. The temperature of the sauce that they are cooking in and how done you want your eggs.
Shabbat Chanukah dinner. Love that the ingredients are posted along with each step. No more scrolling up and down.
So glad you enjoyed it!