I’ve been making egg salad for as long as I can remember. It’s a great protein packed meal that can be eaten as is or made into a delicious egg salad sandwich.
It’s a fairly simple recipe, one that my mom taught me, and I never had a written recipe until now. My mom taught me to make this much the same as she taught me to make deviled eggs: by site and taste. Since I wanted to share this recipe with you, I finally sat down and measured out the ingredients.
I enjoy this recipe eaten as is out of a bowl, maybe with some sweet pickles on top, but I also love this recipe made into a sandwich. I love to use sourdough bread, ciabatta bread, or toasted white bread, piled high with the egg salad, and topped with sweet pickles.
Sweet pickles and egg salad is an amazing combo!
To make this recipe all you have to do is hard boil eggs, see my instructions here, mash them (I use a potato masher because it is so easy!), and then mix all the ingredients together. Finally, refrigerate the mixture for at least 30 minutes so all the flavors can combine and it gets nice and cold. Then enjoy!
One of my favorite sandwiches and the fact that it is so easy to make, makes it even better! Give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it!
Do you have a recipe you make from taste and look as opposed to a written out recipe? I’d love to know!
Easy Egg Salad
Egg Salad Ingredients
- 10 hardboiled eggs peeled and cooled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs mustard
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dill fresh or dried
- lemon juice few drops
- Sweet Pickles
How to make Egg Salad:
- In a medium sized bowl using a fork or potato masher, mash all the peeled hardboiled eggs.
- Add all the other ingredients and combine until well mixed. The lemon juice helps keep the eggs from oxidizing and adds a great little bit of flavor.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Either make into a sandwich using bread and sweet pickles or eat without the bread! Either way it’s delicious!