Oreo Truffles Recipe
Oreo Balls are easy to make and out of this world delicious! Soft creamy texture bursting with Oreo flavor all dipped in tasty chocolate.
Servings 24 large truffles (rolls smaller for for)
- 1 package double stuffed Oreos 15.35 oz
- 8 oz package cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate candy melts
- 1 tbs of refined coconut oil or shortening only needed if candy melts are too thick
- White Candy Melts for dipping or decorating or any color
- Oreo Cookie Crumbs for decorating
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add Oreos to a food processor* and pulse until Oreos are a fine sandy texture. (1 package double stuffed Oreos)
Add cream cheese and pulse until fully combined. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.* (8 oz cream cheese)
Scoop out ~1 tbs* of the Oreo cream cheese mixture, roll into a ball then place on parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze balls for at least 10-15 minutes- or until they are firm.
Microwave candy melts according to package instructions*, adding a little coconut oil or shortening if it is too thick. (2 cups candy melts)
Dip Oreo balls into the candy melts.
Place back on parchment and allow candy melt to harden. If you are applying cookie crumbs or sprinkles add before the candy melts sets, if you are wanting to drizzle with a different color candy melt then wait until the candy melt sets then drizzle.*
Keep any leftover Oreo truffles in an air tight container or baggie in the freezer. They will last for weeks (if you can keep from eating them for that long that is!)!
*If you don't have a food processor place oreos in a ziploc bag and crush them very fine, then place in a mixing bowl and mix with the cream cheese until fully combined.
* After combining the oreos and cream cheese I like to refrigerate the mixture for 10 minutes or so. This will allow it to firm up and makes it easier and less sticky when rolling it into balls.
*I like to use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough but you can scoop out less and make more truffles that are smaller.
* Candy Melt instructions are: microwave candy melts in a microwave safe bowl at 50% power in 30 second increments. Heat, stir, heat etc until almost all the candy is melted and smooth. Allow the candy melts to sit for 1 minute if there are little pieces that haven’t mixed in yet. If the candy melts are too thick add 1 tsp coconut oil or shortening, stir in, and repeat until you get your desired consistency.
Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 13mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 127IU | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg