Garlic Herb Butter
Garlic Herb Butter is easy to make and elevates all your butter needs. Perfect for a tasty dinner or a holiday feast, whip this together in no time.
Course Appetizer, Side Dish
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 16 tbs
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature*
- 1 ½ tbs rosemary fresh or dried*
- 1 ½ tbs thyme fresh or dried*
- 6 cloves garlic minced, pressed, or grated*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
In a medium bowl allow butter to come to room temperature. *
1 cup butter softened to room temperature*
Rinse and dry your fresh rosemary and fresh thyme. Then mince both. If using dried seasonings, you will still want to mince both so you don’t have large hard seasonings in your butter. Add to butter.
1 ½ tbs rosemary, 1 ½ tbs thyme
Using a garlic press, or microplane zester*, press or grate your garlic (you can also mince with knife if you prefer). Add to butter.
6 cloves garlic
Add salt and pepper to butter, and mix everything together.
½ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon salt
Tips and Tricks
- * If you are using unsalted butter add 1 ½ teaspoon salt with the herbs.
- *How to soften butter fast? Place cold butter in a microwave safe dish and microwave at 30% for 15 second intervals until soft.
- *I love this garlic press and this zester.
- *If you want to use powdered garlic instead of fresh add 4 tsps of garlic powder instead of the 8 cloves.
- *Add a little sage and this is what I use on my herb butter turkey, or use as is on hot rolls!
- Leftover butter?
I recommend putting butter in a sealed container and refrigerating until ready to eat. It should stay good for 2 weeks refrigerated or 2 months in the freezer.
- Can you freeze garlic herb butter?
Yes! Mix this up and freeze for 2 months! Then let come to room temperature before eating.
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 392IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg