Peppered Gravy Recipe
Peppered Gravy Recipe- the perfect peppery gravy to smother your chicken, mashed potatoes, or biscuits in. Ready in 5 minutes and family approved!
- 3 tbs butter melted
- 3 tbs flour
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon freshly grated pepper*
In a small bowl combine flour and melted butter until a thick paste forms. Set aside.
3 tbs flour, 3 tbs butter
In a medium sauce pan combine broth and milk.
2 cups chicken or beef broth, ⅓ cup milk
Heat over medium heat until boiling, stirring frequently.
Once boiling stir in the butter/flour mixture, salt, and pepper. Taste a little and add more pepper if needed.
½ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoon freshly grated pepper*
Return gravy to a boil and boil until slightly thickened, usually 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- *Freshly ground pepper will have a lot more flavor but if you only have pre-ground pepper, start with 1 ½ teaspoon then add more to taste.
- Storing leftovers: Keep leftover gravy refrigerated in an air tight container. Use within 4 days. You can also freeze this gravy in a freezer safe container for at least 3 months.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating leftovers in a small saucepan- stirring until warm. You can also reheat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until it is warm throughout.
- Use this gravy on biscuits, over chicken strips, or for mashed potatoes!
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg