This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WindstoneFarmsPB #CollectiveBias
Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate Mug Cake, a delicious snack or dessert! Made with delicious peanut butter and allergy friendly ingredients- this chocolate mug cake is great every time!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate Mug Cake
Not only does this peanut butter mug cake use alternative flours, but it’s dairy free, and uses the delicious Windstone Farms Creamy Peanut Butter Portable Packets!
I’ve made this recipe so many times! It’s a great dessert that can be made quickly and easily.
Plus what a classic combo- Peanut Butter and Jelly!
I love having Windstone Farms Peanut Butter Packets always on hand- they make for a great snack as is but are also the perfect amount of peanut butter for this tasty treat!
To get your delicious Windstone Farms Peanut Butter Packets today just hover over the image below!
They are naturally gluten free, have 7 G of protein per packet (win!), and come in a convenient 1.15 oz squeezable packets.
And I can I just say- this peanut is amazingly tasty- like way better than other peanut butters!
The peanut butter come from Windstone Farms which has been family owned and operated for 35 years! Plus all the peanut butter is made from USA grown and harvested peanuts which means this peanut butter is of the highest quality!
Alright, now on to this tasty treat using this delicious peanut butter!
How to make chocolate mug cake?
- In a medium sized bowl combine all ingredients except the peanut butter and jelly
- In a medium sized mug layer 1/3 of the cake batter, then 1/3 of the peanut butter and 1/3 of the jelly. Repeat two more times.
- Microwave for ~1 minute
- Top with a few chocolate chips, strawberries, and powdered sugar if you want!
Do I have to layer the PB&J or can I mix everything together in the same mug I microwave it in?
You don’t have to layer the PB&J but I personally love getting a good layer of delicious peanut butter and sweet jelly every couple of bites! But if you want you can mix it all in together- it will still be tasty!
What if I don’t have coconut oil? Can I use butter?
Absolutely! Coconut oil works well if you are trying to avoid dairy- but if you’re not then go for it!
What type of coconut oil do you recommend using?
I recommend refined coconut oil because it doesn’t add a coconut flavor to what ever you are baking. That being said, any type of coconut oil will work it just depends on if you want a little coconut flavor added.
What type of peanut butter do you recommend?
Although any peanut butter will work, I love Windstone Farms Peanut Butter packets! Not only is it super delicious peanut butter it’s so handy to have the amount already measured out. Makes life a little less messy!
Tips for making the peanut butter chocolate mug cake:
- If you prefer a gooier mug cake then microwave for 30-45 seconds
- If it’s too gooey then microwave it for another 20-30 seconds
- Some microwaves might require you to microwave it for a longer time
- This is a really delicious mug cake that is easily shareable- it is small but dense and makes a lot! Feel free to divide the batter into two mugs or split it up after baking it!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out these other tasty treats:
- Peanut Butterfly Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Chocolate Cake Pops
- Homemade Brownies
- Easy Lemon Squares
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Have you tried the new Windstone Peanut Butter Packets yet? Let me what you think about them in the comments below!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate Mug Cake
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- Large egg
- 1 tsp coconut oil I prefer refined
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Windstone Farms Peanut Butter Packet ~3tbs peanut butter, divided
- 1 tbs of Strawberry Jelly or any jelly!, divided
- Chocolate Chips for garnish
- Strawberries for garnish
- Powdered Sugar for garnish
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients except the peanut butter and jelly. (¼ cup almond flour, 2 tbs coconut flour, 2 tbs maple syrup, 2 tbs cocoa powder, large egg, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp vanilla, pinch of salt)
- In a medium sized mug add 1/3 of the batter. Then add 1/3 of the peanut butter (~1 tbs), and 1 tsp of jelly. Repeat with 1/3 of the batter, 1/3 of the peanut butter, and 1 tsp of jelly. Place the remaining batter in the cup followed by the remaining peanut butter and last teaspoon of jelly.
- Microwave for 1 minute*. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, powdered sugar, and strawberries if you desire.
Depending on your microwave and the consistency of the cake that you want you might want to microwave for more or less time. For a gooier mug cake microwave for 30-45 seconds and if it is too gooey for you after a minute microwave for another 30 seconds to a full minute more.