Here is today’s Taco Tuesday recipe! This easy baked salmon taco recipe is topped with chunky mango salsa is what you need!
A while back I did soooo much recipe testing with salmon. So I had a bunch of salmon that needed to be eaten up. This recipe is a result of that! It is delicious and easy to make, plus even if your salmon ends up a little too over cooked or isn’t the freshest (ie it releases that white protein stuff) it doesn’t matter! It will taste amazing in a taco!
How to make oven baked salmon:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Get a big enough piece of foil to wrap your salmon in
- Mix up your butter sauce
- Place your salmon on your foil, pour the butter over it, wrap up and seal in foil
- Bake for 10 minutes, check to see if it’s done, if not cook for a few more minutes.
My mango salsa is so good! If you don’t want it chunky just throw everything into a food processor and processor until the size you want!
This salmon taco recipe couldn’t be easier!
Healthy Salmon Tacos- Delicious Every Time!
When I’m not recipe testing a million different salmon cooking methods I usually will cook a few salmon filets, eat them, enjoy them, and then my desire for salmon is satisfied for a month or so- but I still have leftover salmon to eat.
By now you can probably guess what I do with leftover meat… I make it into tacos! So whether you bake salmon specifically for this recipe or just have leftover from eating out or some other salmon dish, making salmon tacos will revamp the salmon so you will eat every last bit of it!
Try these salmon fish tacos with my easy green salsa or my cilantro lime sauce too! Ok, now I’m hungry for tacos… no surprise!
What is your favorite way to cook salmon? Bake it? On the stove? Grill? Let me know in a comment below!
Oven Baked Salmon Taco Recipe
For the Salmon
- 1 lb salmon patted dry with paper towel
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 4 garlic cloves minced
For the Chunky Mango Salsa
- 3 Mangos cubed
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- 2 habaneros seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lime
- 12-15 Soft Little Flour Taco Shells
- Cilantro Lime Sauce (link in instructions!)
How to bake salmon:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil big enough to cover the and enclose the salmon.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, garlic, melted butter, and lemon juice.
- Place the salmon on the foil then pour the butter mixture over it. Fold the foil over the salmon to create a pouch.
- Bake until salmon is fully cooked 10-15 minutes.
- The salmon should flake easily with the use of a fork.
How to make chunky mango salsa:
- Combine cubed mango, chopped bell pepper and cilantro, diced habaneros and jalapenos, and cumin and salt in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime over the mango salsa and stir! For extra lime you can zest the lime peel into the salsa.
- This will make a lot of salsa so have some chips on hand to eat up what you don’t use on your tacos!
Make your tacos:
- Fry up some tortilla shells
- Add salmon then top with salsa! I also recommend adding some of my easy cilantro lime sauce!