Breakfast Egg Cups, an easy and delicious on the go breakfast! Make ahead and then grab and go with these delicious breakfast egg cups!
Breakfast Egg Cups
Sometimes I want a quick grab and go breakfast which means made ahead break egg cups. These little guys are so tasty are really easy to make.
If you are looking for more breakfast recipes check out these tasty recipes!
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast
- Breakfast Burrito
- Breakfast Tacos
- Chocolate Chip Orange Scones
- Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie
- Zucchini Hash browns
- Paleo Pancakes
- Super Healthy Green Smoothie
Sometimes I’m really on top of things and actually meal prep. Those days I love to make these egg cups.
There is something so nice about having food already cooked and ready to be eaten. These egg cups are delicious warmed up or cold. So you can’t go wrong with them!
How to make breakfast egg cups?
Whisk together eggs, heavy cream, and seasonings.
Stir in cheese
Prep your muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray
Fill the muffin pan with egg mixture
Sprinkle in cheese, bacon, and cilantro if using
Bake until set
These breakfast egg cups are so rich and delicious. The heavy cream adds a creamy texture. If you don't have heavy cream milk will work too!
How long do egg cups last?
I like to make a batch and eat them through the week. I recommend eating them within 3-4 days.
Can you freeze egg cups?
Yes! Let them cool completely after baking, then I like to flash freeze them by placing them on a baking sheet and sticking them in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour. Then put them in a gallon freezer safe ziploc baggie.
Who doesn’t love a mini quiche recipe?!
Breakfast Egg Cup Optional Add-Ins:
- Chopped Ham
- Diced Tomatoes
- Cooked Sausage
- Sautéed Garlic
- Sautéed Shallots or Onion
- Green Onion
What’s your favorite egg cup add-ins? Let me know in the comments below!
Breakfast Egg Cups
- ½ lb bacon
- 7 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Seasonings of choices
- 1.5 cups mozzarella
- 4 tbs chopped cilantro optional
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking oil.
- In a skillet over medium heat cook your bacon. Set aside to cool. (½ lb bacon)
- Whisk your eggs, heavy cream, and any seasonings you want together. I recommend a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder. (7 eggs, ½ cup heavy cream, seasonings of choice)
- Stir in the mozzarella.
- Carefully fill each muffin tin with the egg mixture.
- Crumble your bacon and then sprinkle it in each egg filled cup. Sprinkle in the chopped cilantro too if using. (4 tbs cilantro)
- Bake for 15-25 minutes until the egg mixture is set.